Volare Nomad station wagon

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Back in the day some 20+ years ago I was at a website that had a guy there that did a Volare nomad/handyman station wagon build. Does anyone know where if any, if there's any pictures of this car?????? Thanks in advance.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Could of been the Brian guy in one of the Carolinas that lists the complete cars and parts cars on here, I might have the pic as well.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I think his was done up like a Super Coupe, probably not this either but I was sorting pics last night and found this :thing.

Maybe?

IMG00042-20091011-1404.jpg

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Oh be still my heart, omg, be still my heart. ( takes deep,,,,,,,,, breath) your close, a lot closer than I've ever gotten. I specifically remember he had it done in super coupe doors. Omg! Some body give me a sack to breathe in. Awesome job.

red heart.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It needs 2 door doors from a Diplomat to make it work.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I built a 2 door wagon, in my head anyways. Somehow either start with a coupe and graft a wagon onto it or, start with a wagon and as Oldiron said, put coupe doors on. It'd be a cool looking car, lots of work and skill (and money) to build to have it look like a factory built car. Kind of sits next to the Aspen "Ute" in my mind, built from a coupe using trim and parts possibly from an '80's El Camino since they're about the same dimensions.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
I built a 2 door wagon, in my head anyways. Somehow either start with a coupe and graft a wagon onto it or, start with a wagon and as Oldiron said, put coupe doors on. It'd be a cool looking car, lots of work and skill (and money) to build to have it look like a factory built car. Kind of sits next to the Aspen "Ute" in my mind, built from a coupe using trim and parts possibly from an '80's El Camino since they're about the same dimensions.
Same here. I've rebuilt the door jams so the doors would look correct. I've grafted the front clip to get the get the windshield correct.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
I will try to find it 4 u. Ever thought of an artists rendering of your concept?
I,,,,,,,,,, looked at Photoshop'ing it. If I can buy just the program without having to worry about downloading a virus then I'd buy the program. Thing is I don't believe I'd use it for the cost of it.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I remember that wagon from years back, I think it had small round frenched tailights on it.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Made contact with Mr. Bollinger this morning( 2/13/22 ). He confirmed that he had done 1, I told him that I had started a thread here looking for pictures of 1. Maybe he'll have some pictures, maybe he'll post them. Kind of excited to see what he has.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats really good to hear. If by chance he does not have it im still looking, sorting 14k f body related pics for a buddys project. So I know I have a few, I recall the setting of the wagon conversion with two super coupes in the same pic if I recall correctly.

Ele115

Reaction score
I,,,,,,,,,, looked at Photoshop'ing it. If I can buy just the program without having to worry about downloading a virus then I'd buy the program. Thing is I don't believe I'd use it for the cost of it.
If you use windows, Paint shop pro is well under a hundred and will do a heck of a lot. It also comes with an animation program bundled with it that is quite nice for making GIF's. They don't offer it for Mac, or I would have it

Ele115

Reaction score
I could actually see myself doing that if I had a wagon body at my disposal. That would be a breeze in comparison to the routine restorations and repairs I have been up to. Almost like a sabbatical. It would be so easy because you would be using readily available factory parts, a wagon and two door doors and misc parts. That is really tempting. The downside is it would mean something else of mine would be stalled for months. Still, seems really worth doing. Maybe it's a good parking spot for a 426 hemi.

1 Wagon shell + 1 2 door parts car + 1 426 Hemi = One heck of a car

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
I could actually see myself doing that if I had a wagon body at my disposal. That would be a breeze in comparison to the routine restorations and repairs I have been up to. Almost like a sabbatical. It would be so easy because you would be using readily available factory parts, a wagon and two door doors and misc parts. That is really tempting. The downside is it would mean something else of mine would be stalled for months. Still, seems really worth doing. Maybe it's a good parking spot for a 426 hemi.

1 Wagon shell + 1 2 door parts car + 1 426 Hemi = One heck of a car
I couldn't do a hemi, new or old, but I could see a B - 383 Magnum in there. Then again, I am quite happy with my Magnums so,,,,,, baby steps. Again. But let me ask you what would you about the front doors? I've been thinking about myself.

Ele115

Reaction score
The 5.9 magnums are great engines. My daughter has a very old Durango with the 5.9 and it is reaching 300,000 miles. She will never get rid of it. It never needs anything but tires and light stuff like oil changes and wiper blades.

Back