Weather Stripping

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I have ordered both top rail seals and door body seals from both Metro and Steele Rubber and nothing has fit. I sent it all back. There is a 2 inch gap around my entire window edge. Wish we had other companies to supply these kinda head ache problems. Also when I try to close the door for a test fit I am seeing the rear of the door almost 2 inch from the quarter panels. Thank You.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That sucks....
Both for you because you're having to go through this shit and for everyone else because apparently we can't get proper door seals....

What did they say about it?
Do they have any plans on fixing this situation??

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Yeah it does suck. I cant drive it when it is raining. Nope neither company has did anything to correct the issue. Both were clueless. I even told them look on the internet and read site forums not a new issue has been a issue for awhile now.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah it does suck. I cant drive it when it is raining. Nope neither company has did anything to correct the issue. Both were clueless. I even told them look on the internet and read site forums not a new issue has been a issue for awhile now.

I should call too....
The more of us that tell them the sooner they'll remedy it....maybe.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I really do not understand these companies at all. I mean they advertise oh we have good quality and our stuff has been tested and all this other so called standard company crap you hear but when you receive something and it doesn't fit then what exactly is the purpose of manufacturing a product and then saying it is for that year of a vehicle only to receive it and it does not fit. Kinda silly to make something that simply does not work and or fit and not only that when you expect a consumer to pay anywhere from $350 and up for weather stripping you would think you could provide something of a little more quality and craftsmanship. Now I have a restored interior and cant even find damn weather stripping that will fit it. Makes me truly sick.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Really hate to drag this post out but I am still having a hard time finding top roof rail seals and door body seals that will fit my aspen. Are you guys running with RR 4020 for the top roof rail seals?. Not being able to find these seals are becoming a major issue for me. What I know is Steele's and Metro will not fit. Other vendors will not specify to me who they got there's from. I guess it must be top secret. Thank You.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Right now I would buy used ones if I could find them. Not being able to drive on a rainy day is becoming a real pain in the butt. Let me find the email I will post the response.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Steele said the same thing as did Metro and others I have contacted and they can not guarantee fitting even though they say they will. Is getting pretty damn stupid Lol.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. Our aftermarket parts are made by a variety of manufacturers. The brand of the part you receive will vary, unless a specific brand is listed. However, we only send the highest quality parts that will fit and function just as the originals do.
If you would like us to check fit and compatibility, please provide the part number or eBay listing number you are inquiring about and we would be more than happy to help!

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I mean if I ask a vendor who you get them from. Why not just specify who made them. I have even explained that the others would not fit because of how they were made and still no answer to the question. Yeah I was thinking that to or possibly trying to find weather stripping for another vehicle that would maybe fit. Forming flat weather stripping with a dip in it isn't a easy thing to do.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It's a half ass way to do it....but the Volare window seals were toast when I got it so I temporarily sealed them with foam pipe insulation. It forms to the window. In the spring I'm going to try a pretty version of it. It sure ain't OEM but it worked.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Okay....I now have an idea which I just stole from a friend.
You can buy trunk seals by the foot in a lot of different places in all shapes. My idea is to find the closest I can to the original shape and go with that. Tight corners.....cut and glue.

Updates to come.....

compubert

Reaction score
I would trade/sell/give him mine, but don't remember what it was. I have a 76 aspen wagon and they aren't in the best shape. I may be taking the doors off soon.....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The object of my game is....
We all need or will need this stuff.
I'm going to try to come up with a solution.
And I need one.....my Volare and Caravelle seals are shot.

Back