What is the best 360 manifold that fits under the hood with an air cleaner?

Ash_Whole

Reaction score
i have an older Torquer II. works good, but no air cleaner that can fit. i dont want to chop up the hood so i need a replacement that fits with an air cleaner.

Ash_Whole

Reaction score
thanks. what are the two on the left?

has anyone tried those chinese 360 intakes with dual bolt patterns, they say air gap in their names, i assume its a knock off of a performer air gap.

volare 1977

Reaction score
Have you tried different drop base chrome air cleaners? Some have more drop than others.

Sub03

Reaction score
has anyone tried those chinese 360 intakes with dual bolt patterns, they say air gap in their names, i assume its a knock off of a performer air gap.
I got the Professional Products cross wind dual plane intake (#55026) on a 5.2 magnum.
For the price I got no complaints, but this is a stock Mag in an Aspen used mostly with a light right foot on sunny days.
My only regrets is that I didn't check the port matching and casting burrs i've seen mentioned in the reviews before installing it.
But it seems OK for my use.

Dont have the car here now for measurements, but I'm guessing 6-6,5 inch hood clearance from the intake.
Carb height is 3,25" + 3/8 base plate + 2" spacer + ~1" top hat

The pictures shows my setup. I used the magnum "top hat" with a 2" spacer and a remote air filter.
I later cut of about 1 inch of the spacer because the plastic top hat got some scratches after rubbing against the hood bracing.

intake.jpgMag.jpg

LSM360

Reaction score
What car is this on? I have an '89 Diplomat with an Air Gap intake and factory 4 barrel air cleaner and hood closes.

Back