Windshield wipers quit on my "87 5th Ave last night.

Lord Alvin

Reaction score
I'm almost positive that the problem is mechanical, not electrical because I heard the parts fall off right as the wipers quit. The passengers side quit working first then the drivers side.

Is this something that I can fix easily, or should I just take to to my mechanic?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
These are the bushings.....
Dorman part #49440

http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?type=keyword&origin=keyword&q=49440

index-15.jpeg

index-15.jpeg

Last edited:

BHA43

Reaction score
78 F with delay has a spring loaded rotating brittle plastic deal big Cordobas had them too. The exploded from new so used is about impossible to find. I hear there are some on ebay every once in a while that MAY????????? work. I don't have a pic.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
78 F with delay has a spring loaded rotating brittle plastic deal big Cordobas had them too. The exploded from new so used is about impossible to find. I hear there are some on ebay every once in a while that MAY????????? work. I don't have a pic.

Ah......the big stupid plastic cam that mounts to the motor??

BHA43

Reaction score
Yep my 19K original 43 exploded I have a good used one in the trunk but I'm afraid to even look at it for fear it will disintegrate on me. I'll prob. never replace it I never drive that car in the rain anyway. The original broke driving it out of the car wash to wipe it off in the shade out of the way. I thought about seeing if Marty has a rebuild kit but I'm sure they would be brittle too!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep my 19K original 43 exploded I have a good used one in the trunk but I'm afraid to even look at it for fear it will disintegrate on me. I'll prob. never replace it I never drive that car in the rain anyway. The original broke driving it out of the car wash to wipe it off in the shade out of the way. I thought about seeing if Marty has a rebuild kit but I'm sure they would be brittle too!

I know that plastic cam well.
The one on my Caravelle blowed up real good and I have a replacement that looks like it'll do the same just trying to install it.
But.....like you my Caravelle doesn't see rain so I've never bothered putting it on.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Dont forget to wear your ppg when working on wipers ,this has been brought to you by the save your eye sight ninja clan

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Ebag usually has an aftermarket large cam that bolts onto the wiper motor.
A periodic spray of white lithium grease will prolong the life of the bushing.

mB2PXjEqVO1AutiWBMaAXZg.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's the little bastard.
Still have an NOS one in the box.
Maybe I should slather it in grease to prevent it from spontaneously exploding.

Back