Windshield wipers quit on my "87 5th Ave last night.

marko

Reaction score
ive just got 1 of these ebay kits. came with no instructions.
has anyone used them before ?
ive attached the new pink part with the hole in, but cant figure out how to put the other pink part on or where it goes !
not sure if the white piece goes there but it fit.....
20150719_164737.jpg
20150902_195421.jpg
20150902_195437.jpg

showed it to several people/ mechanic buddies and none of us can figure it out.
thanks in advance for any advice on how to install this

20150719_164737.jpg

20150902_195421.jpg

20150902_195437.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
"Pink part with hole in it!" LOL
Google returned some nice results on that.
I will post a pic of factory wiper linkage later.
I couldn't find anything on Google, at least about linkage. ......

Cordoba1

Reaction score
If you can't figure it out, I happen to know that he seller will be happy to assemble it for you... I wish he'd post that in his advertisement. It may be worth it to send it to him as it is very difficult to snap the pieces together without wrecking them. (Ask me how I know!)

marko

Reaction score
thanks cordoba1, ive sent the seller an email, hopefully he will respond with some advice.
miradamegacab, yeah guess i didn't think that that out...... i know i nearly said ive mounted the pink part with the hole......

last week i bought an 82 mirada for parts, haven't seen it,, it supposedly has working intermittent wipers but i won't see the car for another week at least.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Marko, looks like u have to take the white plastic thing off. Lube, and press the pink thing on. Then press the wiper linkage bar onto the concentric circles. Use plenty of lube, lol. The white plastic thing appears to attatch the wiper bar linkage to the pivot.

marko

Reaction score
great thanks miradamegacab
i also got this reply from the seller, looks like there should have been instructions included.
when i get home in a week or 2 i will have a go at installing the kit.
tx mark
here's the reply
Hi, thanks for your purchase. You must not have received the instructions that are usually taped to the kit. I have included those as follows :It is pretty easy to assemble. You will need to remove the whole wiper transmission from the car. Remove the spring from the crank arm, replace pieces below that and reinstall spring. Snap cam piece over the shaft on the crank arm. use White lithium grease as a lubricant. Install that assembly into arm of wiper transmission using a large socket for a spacer to push against and a c clamp or vise to press it together. Once all is snapped together you are ready to reinstall complete assembly. Thanks again for your purchase! It does take some pressure to install, but they are sturdy pieces not like the original brittle pieces. If you are still having problems, please email me at mindy at murraybpark dot com.

Back