WANTED 1978 Dodge/Plymouth Super Coupe Up to 25,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am still looking for a 1978 Dodge/Plymouth Super Coupe.Prefer a mostly original,rust free survivor type car.Also would like a non a/c car but will consider one with.Same goes for console car over column shift.I will pay up to 25K (or more for a T top) for the right car.PM me here with info.Thanks !!

Duke5A

Reaction score
I don't know how much these cars are worth, but I wouldn't flash how much money I had to spend. It's a poker game. Keep that close to your chest.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I remember looking at a new one but it was more than a little out of my price range. If I remember correctly the sticker was about 8K.

SooperKoop

Reaction score
There is a Plymouth SuperCoupe on eBay right now (starting bid is $9k) and it's also on Marketplace, asking $9k. Located in Attleboro, Mass area. At one time in the past few years, this Volare SC was on Marketplace for over $15,000; sitting in a very dark and dank looking garage ... Apparently, the current owner has only had it for a year. It does have some issues as described by the owner in the Marketplace ad: The deaded Front Frame repair with "heavy metal plates"(yikes!), missing the original front air dam, which is unfortunate because that's an important piece and I noticed no SuperCoupe gas cap. Also of interest, is that the dashboard has the Mopar over the counter ventilation kit installed on this one... usually that means that air conditioning would be like dealer equipped or owner equipped as a result of using those vents because in non-a/c cars you had no vents...you can easily tell it was pop riveted in at some point in its life. Not sure what the full story is on that but you certainly don't see an a/c condenser or compressor in the picture. Column Shift is fairly rare in SC's, even though I know you prefer console . Also while there is no clear picture of the fender tag, if you zero in on the photo where you can see the tag you can pretty much make out that it's an A67 Super Coupe package car, E58 etc. I mean in some ways it looks okay and I think it has potential if someone wants to really go through it; certainly very much worth investing some money into! It's not like they're growing on trees these days. So there's something to think about. Cheers! -SooperKoop

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I think OP wants a really nice car for 25k. That cars known, early SC, tag is fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back