SOLD 1978 E58 police engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeinri

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello everyone! I have a 78' E58 motor for sale. The engine has under 30k miles but is stuck from sitting since 1984. The engine is from a 78' Volare police interceptor that was destroyed in an accident. I parted the car out last year. I pulled the heads and found rust in cylinders 4 and 6 so it will need to be bored. It is standard bore and the heads have never been off before me. The crosshatch is still visible in the other cylinders with no appreciable wear ridge and the engine does turn freely. It has a casting date of 12/13/77. The same day that Air Indiana flight 216 went down!!!

IMG_8511.JPG

IMG_8512.JPG

IMG_8513.JPG

IMG_8514.JPG

IMG_8515.JPG

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice!

You forgot to mention price.
(Note: I have a ’78 360 block in my garage already – so I don’t need this one)
BudW

4speedjim

Reaction score
Yer sold sign is white. Website snafu, paid in full, in limbo or is it available again?

Leeinri

Reaction score
Hi Jim! It must be a website issue, the engine is sold. Are you looking for an E58? I can probably track one down around here.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Not actively looking as in, in need of, but if one was behind the money Id be a player. I have, and prefer 5.9s advantages but like many, always looking for a deal. I could stretch on an E58 just because its an E58. I saw the ad, and it was already sold. Then the white flag is what caught my attn, and that prompted me to ask. Like maybe the buyers check didnt clear or wife said no. You know how things go sometimes. So I guess I was interested in why the flag went white, and I suppose wondering if it was back for sale or it was delivered and what the white flag meant, if anything.

Leeinri

Reaction score
Lol, that's funny "wife said no"! I would give her the as Paul Simon put it, "old familiar suggestion"! Lmfao

4speedjim

Reaction score
Im out near Buffalo, half way btwn it and Erie Pa. So no, not "close". Think Im 540 or there about to NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back