1978 LeBaron Coupe to part out

ColinV

Reaction score
A buddy of mine picked up a car to scrap, because he knows I dig the M-bodies he sold the 20" Dayton rims to cover his cost and is giving me the car to pull apart. It is a 1978 LeBaron Coupe and it has no paperwork so it can not be re registered which is why it being parted out. I do not yet have the car so I don't have pictures of it currently but the link is the car as it was recently. The car has not been wrecked the kid just lost interest and in a recent move lost all the paperwork. I am taking the 360 and trans, and the front sub frame is going back to the friend with the wrecker for his son's '53 Dodge pickup project. All other parts are going to be up for grabs trim, quarter windows, rear window, etc... anything I can get off the car in 36 hour trailer rental window. Once I get the car I will see what I have and update this post. I really am not looking to get $$ for this as I get the running gear free so I'm happy. Anything else from the parting out, I can box up get a shipping quote and you cover shipping to get it in your hands. Because of where I live I will only ship Canada Post (snail mail Canada or other) or Greyhound (I believe Canada only). I will not be shipping UPS or Fed-ex as they do not pick-up where I live and it's over an hour drive to their warehouse location. I should have the car in the next couple weeks as I have to go pick it up in the Okanagan Valley in central BC.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/638779/1978-chrysler-lebaron/

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Wheel well trim please.
I'd also be interested in any or all of the aluminum window trim(s)....(windshield, rear window, top of the doors and rear quarter windows.....

ColinV

Reaction score
Ok, I am looking for a place in my area that can take the left over hulk without paperwork for scrap. Once I get confirmation on the ability to offload the shell without having to haul it all the way to the steel mill on the coast, I will be picking it up.

ColinV

Reaction score
The car was in really nice shape when I saw it a few years ago in the peace region when I still hauled the Alaska Highway. I did not know it made it's way south until my buddy told me about it and mentioned the wheels. I asked him if it had been in Fort St. John and he said that's where the kid he got it from had just moved from. As I said it has not been wrecked from what my buddy says it was a case of lost interest then lost paperwork.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
If it wouldn't cost me a small fortune AND I had somewhere to put it all I'd take that thing as a parts car just for the sheet metal alone. Everything on that is virtually identical to my Caravelle.

ColinV

Reaction score
Captain,
The car lived a hard life since I last saw it up in Ft. St. John. The wheel opening trim is the plastic stick on kind and is in pieces so really no point wasting shipping on that I'll just leave it on the car. As for the windshield and top of door trim it's in good shape and will get it for you. Already pulled it off actually so I have a couple questions? Do you want the inner channel part of the door roof rail trim, and in regards to the rear window trim it's also good shape but it's a vinyl top car so the trim is embossed with the vinyl pattern into the aluminum. Is your caravelle a vinyl car or do require straight trim here. I will have the motor and k member out tonight so I will only be working on it sat and sun morning before it gets picked up to be scrapped.
ColinV

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks Colin.
No mine is non vinyl.
Basically if it's aluminium trim and in good shape I'm interested.
Yes I'm interested in the inner channel trim and am totally glad to hear the top of the door trim is good.
Mine looks like someone decorated it with a hammer.
Hopefully because of size shipping isn't stupid money.
Thank you again Sir.

ColinV

Reaction score
Ok I'll keep the rear window trim for spares as mine is a vinyl car. Quarter window trim is missing but I believe it would be plastic as both my other LeBarons have been. Tell me your postal code and closest bus in the GTA and I'll price both post and Greyhound. If you are ok on taking a while I can check with the courier companies on a day I head into Kamloops to shop.

78Lebaron

Reaction score
I have also a 1978 Lebaron, coupe and I'm looking for a couple of molding and trim for the driver side. I will try to attach 3 photos I have where I show with an arrow those missing parts. If you have them, please contact me at: vintagetrans@msn.com.
leftlwrmldg.jpg
rearsidetrim.jpg
reartrim.jpg

leftlwrmldg.jpg

rearsidetrim.jpg

reartrim.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Mcfly68

Reaction score
few ?'s...does this car have power windows, cruise, and A/C?

ColinV

Reaction score
This car was pulled apart on the 8th with my last post here. At that point Captain was the only one who had responded so I only grabbed the parts he asked for and what I needed. I did not have a place to store the car and it could not be sent to a regular auto wreckers due to ICBC regulations. This car was scrapped on the 10th of August, Sorry.

78Lebaron

Reaction score
Yes, I have contacted Marty a couple times...on the 18th and today.Just waiting for an answer .
Thank you for your help.

ColinV

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Captain
Couldn't get this all into a post to your profile so here goes. I'm finally home for a bit this is the windshield trim I grabbed off that car.
Colin

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ColinV

Reaction score
Captain,
Package size I have been able to get down too is as follows
L-170cm/67in
H-50cm/20in
W-20cm/7.5in
6kg/13lbs
Canada Post - will not ship as length is to large.
Purolator - $140.00
UPS - $119.00
Greyhound - $94.00
That's the best prices I could get trying different sizes of packaging.
I could not figure out how to send you a pm and this info was too much to post to your profile sorry.
Colin

Back