1978 Mopar Parts Catalog

Mikesteer

Reaction score
Ok, So which revision of the 1978 parts catalog have the super coupes and kit cars in them, I purchased a 1978 mopar parts catalog on e-bay and not in there, it is 81-690-1340 august 1977. I would rather have an OEM parts catalog than a cd disk or download, any help if you know the answer, thanks

kmccabe56

Reaction score
You've bought the preliminary version of the '78 Parts Catalog. You need to look for the Final Edition. It'll have a print date somewhere in the September/October time frame of 1978. Hate to say it, but the version you've got is useful only for making yule logs.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
All the full complete ones of the mid 70-s I have were printed in Feb. after the model year and the good complete binders usually still have order sheets from way back for prior years.

DSC04212.JPG

DSC04214.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Did it have any kit specific insets?

Should at least have the simple version of this.

6.jpg

Mikesteer

Reaction score
it has all the info about super coupes and kit cars i was looking for, the parts book is a lot larger than the first one i got, not that any of the numbers i was looking for are available anymore. lol

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Yea thats the final one it sounds like, thats great the books are not cheap any more. Most dont realize that most the illustrations in the books came from one blue print or another. Amazing the company that made the flares is still in business today... the make plastic pallets for many other companies now.

Mikesteer

Reaction score
glad to have the parts book, also the factory service manuals, (chassis and electric) i have owned the car for 43 years and finally got around to getting them, lol

XfbodyX

Reaction score
You might do well to look for the 78 F only electrical book, its super complete and illustrated past the manuals that cover all the 78s.

Its like this but 78. Ive scanned the 76 77 to pdf, I should the 78 as they are not a huge file.

76 ELE001.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats a better illustration I think then that was used in maybe the earlier manuals.

Back