FOR SALE 1978 volare parting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
FMJ spindles are not the best to use on an A-body (spindles are about ½” or so, taller) – but they will fit. If at all possible, to keep the suspension angles correct, I would recommend looking for the correct spindles.

BudW

FMJ spindles are used very commonly for the A body disc conversion with no issues. Yes the upper segment of the spindle is taller, about 3/8", but it does not change the geometry significantly and many users have reported improvements in handling. Bonus is the spindle is stronger and lighter than the A body piece and much more readily available.
I have a set on my 72 Demon. I personally know at least a half dozen people who run them with no issues, some on multiple A bodies.

Here's a write up on this that covers it well.
Spindle Comparison

Know nothing

Reaction score
Cool thanks, I have the set from this car and a set from a 75 dart still not sure which set I will use yet. Thanks for the link.

Bob the Builder

Reaction score
I am looking for the fresh air housing and cables for both the drivers and passengers side. Let me know if you have them, condition and price. Thanks

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
How much for the radiator over flow bottle and windshield washer bottle with hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back