SOLD 1979 Chrysler Lebaron Medallion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale is my 1979 Chrysler Lebaron Medallion 2 door coupe. The car is in great shape. The body is rock solid with no rot, or any rust through anywhere on this all-original gem. All fender well areas and quarter panels are free of any rust, and all body side trim molding is there and in very good condition for a 42-year-old car.

The 318-4 BBL H Code engine is quite rare and, in most cases, sold exclusively in California due to federal emissions guidelines during that time from what I have been told. Pop the hood, and the engine bay is pretty much untouched, and looks to have all its original equipment. The muffler and a section of the exhaust pipe under the car had been recently replaced and has a mellow sound with a nice rumble to it. The car idles smoothly, brakes well and drives nice in local or highway traffic.

The interior is super nice, with no tears and very minimal wear on the velour seats. All the electronics are working, including the power windows, high/low beam lights, turn signals, back-up lights, brake lights, dome light/courtesy door lights all work as they should. The radio works well and even the 8-track tape player works.
6 way power driver seat works, and the Chronometer digital clock keeps accurate time. The car also has AC & working cruise control.
The headliner will need to be fixed, as it is drooping like most Mopars of this era because of the dried-out adhesives. The headliner material is in tack and can be reused when the repair is made.

The floors are solid, and the front/rear carpeting is in decent shape.
The trunk floor is just as solid as the rest of the car, and has some light surface rust as seen it the pic. The trunk has the dress up carpeting option and the original jack still in place. A spare tire is included with the sale.

Speaking of tires, the original rims and wheel covers shown in the pics are how the car is being sold. However, if interested I have a set of Chrysler Road Wheels available for an additional cost. If you’re looking for a more modern look, I have a nice set of Ridler wheels with Nitto tires available as well for an additional cost too.

I’d like to get $5200 for the car. I have a clean title for the car, and will help with loading the car if it’s getting shipped.
I can send more pics to anyone interested.
DS Side view.jpg
318 engine.jpg
4 BBL carb.jpg
Front seats.jpg
DS door panel.jpg
PS door panel.jpg
Droopy Headliner.jpg
8 Track.jpg
Road Wheels.jpg
Ridler Wheels.jpg

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Not being too familiar with placing a value on an M body, the for sale price is negotiable.
A few people have contacted me about the Road Wheels. I'm not selling them yet, only because I will mount them on the Medallion and list it on eBay to help sell the car if the car doesn't sell here first.

If anyone wants to make an offer on the car, shoot me a PM, and I'll get back to you.
I hope it goes to somebody that wants to keep it.

TomdFrog

Reaction score
Zip Code for getting shipping quotes?
Can you post a fender tag image?
The AC comment was a bit vague. It has AC. Is it working? Still R-12 or was it overhauled to R-134? Mid-atlantic summers are awful. I am not allowed anymore old cars without AC. :p I am looking for AC which works well.

Picky items…Are the windows and seat motors slow? You mention they work, however I have come across cars where the seller's definition and my definition of work are not the same. Also, are the glass sweeps in good shape? No rust on the door bottoms from water and debris getting inside the door skin?
Is the vinyl roof in good shape? No tears? No sign of rot around the edge?

Thanks

sixpkrt

Reaction score
@TomdFrog
The car is located at 60102.
The AC motor blows air, and pretty sure it's never been converted to R-134. It will need to be recharged, but given it's age, there's no way I can say there will not be any leaks.
The power seats move fine, as do the power windows. I don't quite understand your question, but I can assure you won't have to help the windows go up as they move quite well...up & down. If you're expecting them to move with the speed of a guillotine, you might be disappointed.
The vinyl roof has no tears, and I'd consider it to be in good condition, and no signs of any rust bubbling up from underneath.
I should've posted a pic of the fender tag in the original listing, so here it is, along with some additional shots to answer your other questions.
Unless you find a Medallion sitting in a museum somewhere that's for sale, I don't think you're going to find another one in as original condition as this one.
If you have more questions or want to make me an offer, let me know.
Fender Tag.jpg
DS roof line.jpg
PS roof line.jpg
DS under door.jpg
PS under door.jpg
DS cat wisker.jpg
PS cat wisker.jpg

Trunk Floor surface rust only.jpg
Engine sticker.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Ok guys,
This is close to that green 77 cordoba unicorn.
And Does remind me of Dr. LeBaron.

Should I add this to my corral?

JW

sixpkrt

Reaction score
I tried to decode the fender tag to the best I was able to do. Seems to have some nice options on this early build Medallion.
Still some "unknown" codes on there maybe someone can shed some light on.

FP22:
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

HG9: Unknown
Unknown
Windsor, ONT, CAN
153675: Sequence number
E46: Unknown 318 4 BBL
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
SG4: Exterior Color Teal Frost Metallic
CFG5: Trim - Charger, Unknown, Unknown Color (CF=Standard Medallion, G5=Teal Green)
000: Full Door Panels
B13: Build Date: November 13
BQ7202: Order number
SG4: Top Color Teal Frost Metallic
V3G: Unknown V Vinyl & Paint Code?
U 3: Unknown Tire/Wheel code?
C57: Unknown 60/40 Seats w/Recliner, 3 Piece seating with Center Arm Rest
C97: Trunk Dress-Up
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
J52: Inside Hood Release
K5G: Unknown Stipe Code?
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L36: Unknown Opera Lamps
L81: Unknown Door Ajar Indicator Lamp
M15: Unknown Upper Door Frame Moldings?
M25: Wide sill moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
N88: Auto Speed Control
N95: Emissions Control
P31: Power Windows
R32: Dual Rear Speakers
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

Last edited:

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
for those wondering why posts were removed, its because this is a FOR SALE ad and there is not suppose to be commentary in for sale ads. Just questions related to the sale of the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back