Not open for further replies.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Bench seat?
IMG_1580.jpeg
look like this?

DCAspen

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t have any like that, I’m junking that seat and was hoping that was the piece you wanted

marty mopar

Reaction score
part number on either side for the hinge cover?

there should be one on the backside of it

Send me a PM on this

Last edited:

dodgeman316

Reaction score
Anyone have an ideas on what paint/dye would be needed for a plastic piece like that to change the color on the black one to the green and how would I color match it? I have never painted interior parts.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Anyone have an ideas on what paint/dye would be needed for a plastic piece like that to change the color on the black one to the green and how would I color match it? I have never painted interior parts.
I used a green paint and the adhesion promoter to turn parts of my interior green to match the seats, door cards and carpet. It's not an an exact match. 20230406_143437.jpg
20230406_152034.jpg20230406_160502 (1).jpg20230414_164007.jpg20230406_163654.jpg

Herb's Parts: HERBS PARTS INTERIOR PAINT, Interior Paint, PAINT

Herb's Parts: ADHESION PROMOTER FOR INTERIOR PAINT, Interior Paint, 215(1)

basically you need some kind of adhesion promoter or plastic primer to allow whatever green paint you use to stick to the surface. And you'll need several coats of paint otherwise it'll just scratch right off really easy.
I painted my whole dash green months ago. Not one crack or blemish and it hasn't peeled.

I pulled all the plastic trim and painted it green too. The only problem I ran into was with heavily oxidized plastic that was extremely sun damaged. It takes a lot of paint to make it stay green and even then it looks like freshly painted junk. But, like you, I've had extreme difficulty sourcing plastic interior trim for these vehicles

dodgeman316

Reaction score
I used a green paint and the adhesion promoter to turn parts of my interior green to match the seats, door cards and carpet. It's not an an exact match. View attachment 50659
View attachment 50660View attachment 50661View attachment 50663View attachment 50662

Herb's Parts: HERBS PARTS INTERIOR PAINT, Interior Paint, PAINT

Herb's Parts: ADHESION PROMOTER FOR INTERIOR PAINT, Interior Paint, 215(1)

basically you need some kind of adhesion promoter or plastic primer to allow whatever green paint you use to stick to the surface. And you'll need several coats of paint otherwise it'll just scratch right off really easy.
I painted my whole dash green months ago. Not one crack or blemish and it hasn't peeled.

I pulled all the plastic trim and painted it green too. The only problem I ran into was with heavily oxidized plastic that was extremely sun damaged. It takes a lot of paint to make it stay green and even then it looks like freshly painted junk. But, like you, I've had extreme difficulty sourcing plastic interior trim for these vehicles
Thanks for the information! I will give it a try and see how it turns out.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! I will give it a try and see how it turns out.
With it off the car, you can mask off the back of the black trim piece into three sections, paint each section a different green and let it dry, and maybe one green will be close enough that no one will notice. Then paint the front side that color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back