SOLD 1980 Dodge Diplomat coupe project

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale once again is my 1980 Diplomat. I've had it listed for sale/trade on here I the past, but I am finally allowing myself to pass it on to someone who will actually finish it.

It started as a slant six car, but now bears a 360 truck engine from a retired fire truck.

The transmission was taken from a 1989 Fifth Avenue, as was the 8.25 rear end. Transmission filter has been changed, bands adjusted. The rear end got an upgrade from 2.21 gears to 3.21 and a Sure Grip. Both units came from a running, driving car.

It needs a driveshaft. I have a driveshaft that goes with it, but it will probably need shortened.

The only major repair the car needs is the front driver's side frame rail. It is rusted, but could be patched. I can provide pictures if needed.

I have some parts to go with it. I have an assortment of brackets for the front end of the engine, as well as a rebuild Thermoquad from Woodruff Carburetor Specialties, and a rebuilt distributor from Joe's Distributor Restoration. Neither units have been used yet. Hooker headers installed in the car.

I would like to get $3500 for everything. I have other parts I can include, but to list them would take some time. Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you

IMG_35961.jpg

20210617_182009.jpg

20210712_152815.jpg

20210516_102149.jpg

IMG_36031.jpg

IMG_35991.jpg

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Depending on how bad of a frame rail rust problem you are seeing, this might be a pretty nice "find" for someone who is interested in a nearly driveable coupe!

$3,500 is a fair price to ask (given the work put into it so far: ISO delete, upgraded gearing, motor, etc.), but without really being able to see more details (body panels, rockers & quarters, floor, etc. - you know, the usual suspects, LOL) it feels maybe a tad on the high-end?

As you stated though, you have those pics and so if the interest is there I'm sure you'll have plenty of details to support the asking price.

Either way, nice to see a coupe pop-up for sale once in a while!

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
Depending on how bad of a frame rail rust problem you are seeing, this might be a pretty nice "find" for someone who is interested in a nearly driveable coupe!

$3,500 is a fair price to ask (given the work put into it so far: ISO delete, upgraded gearing, motor, etc.), but without really being able to see more details (body panels, rockers & quarters, floor, etc. - you know, the usual suspects, LOL) it feels maybe a tad on the high-end?

As you stated though, you have those pics and so if the interest is there I'm sure you'll have plenty of details to support the asking price.

Either way, nice to see a coupe pop-up for sale once in a while!

I had no direction as to determining the value of this car. I figured I would factor in the upgrades, work done to it, and the fact that it is a semi-solid coupe.

I really just want it to go to someone who WILL finish it, unlike myself who has, unfortunately let it sit for too long.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I had no direction as to determining the value of this car. I figured I would factor in the upgrades, work done to it, and the fact that it is a semi-solid coupe.

I really just want it to go to someone who WILL finish it, unlike myself who has, unfortunately let it sit for too long.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not at all saying you are asking too much, heck, my coupe restoration was a >$20K effort, so believe me when I say that I know this firsthand.

If you can/are willing to, post a few more pics that show the other areas. If these pan out alright I'm sure the right buyer is right here on our forum!

SlantSixSullivan

Reaction score
I did manage to find some other photos I had, but the ones showing the frame rail have been lost. I can, when I get a chance, get under amd snap a few pictures.

Two photos show the slant six K member alterations for the engine swap mounts.

20220627_172436.jpg

20220627_172419.jpg

20220627_172402.jpg

20220627_172358.jpg

20220627_172314.jpg

20210606_133716.jpg

20210606_123302.jpg

Duke5A

Reaction score
Depending on the rot issue, I think you're underselling the car. Damn good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back