1980 LeBaron Base Model Sedan/Car for upcoming tv show/better photos

1980 LeBaron

Reaction score
Hello guys-

The lovely 1980 LeBaron shown below is going to be featured as our hero's car in an upcoming tv show. I found it in Toledo, Ohio last summer when we did the pilot episode. It has 30,000+ miles on it, and runs like new.

Now, I have to find a second car identical to it, so that we have a backup when we film the series starting in about 7 weeks.

So-either I need to find a second car that looks just like this one, or I need to create it.

I already bought another, white 1980 LeBaron about 2 months ago. It is a higher level trim, and the wrong color interior. So, we can remove the vinyl roof from it, and paint it green, but-I still need to find a jade green low level interior for it.

The interior sew patterns and fabrics don't need to be an exact match, except color (no one will pay that close of attention to it, except for perhaps you guys). We could use a Plymouth Volare or a Dodge Aspen interior in the same color, I think. I know that it's not a perfect fit, but we'll make it work.

The interior really doesn't need to be in perfect condition-we can clean it up enough to make it look okay on camera.

I think that the color we want was popular in 1977, 1978, 1979, and it was probably discontinued by 1981. It was more popular for wagons (and if we have to, we can make a wagon interior work).

Will you give me your favorite source for repro carpets and headliners, please? We need to replace the headliner (of course) on both cars. And if you have any ideas of junkyards we should check out-please, let me know.

Our hapless, fictional, 1980-LeBaron-owning lead character thanks you for the help.

Jim

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

013.jpg

635697232625358892-Detroiters-10.jpg

635697232625358892-Detroiters-11.jpg

Last edited:

Darth-Car

Reaction score
There are those who have luck dying an interior to a new color.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There are those who have luck dying an interior to a new color.
I have heard the same more than a few times - but haven't tried it myself.

I gave away most of a "useable" light blue interior a couple of years ago, because it was taking up space.

What color is the white cars interior?
Could it be dyed or possibly recovered?

1980 LeBaron

Reaction score
Is there a source for replacement headliners for M cars?
The interior of the white car is dark blue. We can't recover it, because it's not a bench seat like the one in the photos above.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish there was a source of replacement headliners.

The one from the above mentioned interior had holes cut in it from adding the police lights and some kind of cut out from maybe a roof mounted gun rack, maybe. Then water leaking from non sealed hoses mildewed the headliner and rusted the top off of the car.
--- Post updated ---
I have a perfect original light blue vinyl bench seat in my 37k rust free ‘77 Volare wagon, that I’d love to convert to cloth seats - but my wife may have me buried in our backyard at an unmarked location and never to be seen again - if I did something to it.

(Yes, I know you are looking for green).

Back