WANTED 1980 Volare Duster wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHath

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have been looking for a 1980 Plymouth Volare Duster. A coupe or base model coupe would be ok. Though ideally a Duster with the red plaid buckets would be ideal. My first car was a Baron Red Duster with a slant 6 with no air, power steering and no power brakes. A console, and buckets....I would like to either find another or build a clone.....Thanks something located within trailering distance of Virginia would be good.

UNKIE

Reaction score
there's this 1980 Plymouth Volare DUSTER 318 Swap 3 Speed Manual Plaid Interior and this

1978 Dodge Aspen e/b​

Aspen500

Reaction score
Go to ebay and enter 1980 Plymouth Volare Duster and it will come up. Appears to be a nice car in the photo's, other than the trunk lid paint where it's missing. No underbody shots though.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Keep in mind this is a $4600 car two months ago now on the flip at a dealer for $9999. And was listed at more then $9999 on ebay when first listed. A bit greedy imo so I hope the dealer either takes a fair real world offer or is forced to site on it to earn his money.

No, I dont hate flippers or resellers just in this case it might be a bit too greedy at 2x.

DaveHath

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree I made an offer ....not the 2x they are asking so we shall see. This is exactly what my car looked like when I first got it....minus the 3 speed as mine was a auto with a console....

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Good luck. It does sound like the car your looking for. Some times ya just got to pay more to get exactly what you want.

DaveHath

Reaction score
Yeah it does go that way at times....Still it is more than I think most F-bodies are worth.....You know you are old when you remember 125-500 dollar running Aspens and Volares....I think I paid 200 for my first one and had it running for another 300.....If I remember correctly it had 32000 miles on it and it was 7 years old

UNKIE

Reaction score
I have been looking for a 1980 Plymouth Volare Duster. A coupe or base model coupe would be ok. Though ideally a Duster with the red plaid buckets would be ideal. My first car was a Baron Red Duster with a slant 6 with no air, power steering and no power brakes. A console, and buckets....I would like to either find another or build a clone.....Thanks something located within trailering distance of Virginia would be good.
1669037170845.png

UNKIE

Reaction score
this is an auction house hope this helps it's got the number and is all right there, I've also seen listings on the Facebook marketplace or whatever it's called, and if you check some of the Mopar places they'll have it there they'll have some cars there too this one here looks pristine it has a from what I read it to 318 with a 3 speed put in it manual trans in it. I'm not really sure if that's what you're looking for.
1669037495703.png

UNKIE

Reaction score
This one's an aspirin ohm, 1978 Aspen, for about $4000 less than that Duster a different company has it but they're both auction houses. This one here looks like it may need a little bit of body work.
1669038437900.png

UNKIE

Reaction score
I was just on the Facebook marketplace for my area which is in Maryland but it goes from New York to Dang near Florida and there's a buttload of Plymouth and dodges in there from the 70s and 80s well at least my error is did I like in there are some aspens and glories and some 70s dusters in there one had a 5-7 in it. So they're out there some of them really crappy looking and the owners think that they're made out of gold by the way they're asking the prices for some of them but some of them are right clean as well

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Yeah it does go that way at times....Still it is more than I think most F-bodies are worth.....You know you are old when you remember 125-500 dollar running Aspens and Volares....I think I paid 200 for my first one and had it running for another 300.....If I remember correctly it had 32000 miles on it and it was 7 years old
Yeah, the days of buying a real nice driver quality V8 F-body for under $7K are long over.
this is an auction house hope this helps it's got the number and is all right there, I've also seen listings on the Facebook marketplace or whatever it's called, and if you check some of the Mopar places they'll have it there they'll have some cars there too this one here looks pristine it has a from what I read it to 318 with a 3 speed put in it manual trans in it. I'm not really sure if that's what you're looking for.View attachment 48574
I really like this car and kick myself for not buying it a few months ago. I wish I wasn't 2,800 miles away on the opposite coast. It'd be in my garage by now.

DaveHath

Reaction score
I agree, we have reached an agreement on price and I am going to pull the trigger and deal with shipping.....I have been wanting a 1980 Duster with this interior since I sold mine in the mid n 90s....of all the cars I have owned it may not have been the fastest or coolest but it was my favorite.....and this one will stay TM9 Baron Red.....and not get sprayed Porsche Guards Red like my first one.....now if it was a total basket....maybe but not now......If the deal works out I will post here and start a project thread....
Dave

JohnRogers

Reaction score
I agree, we have reached an agreement on price and I am going to pull the trigger and deal with shipping.....I have been wanting a 1980 Duster with this interior since I sold mine in the mid n 90s....of all the cars I have owned it may not have been the fastest or coolest but it was my favorite.....and this one will stay TM9 Baron Red.....and not get sprayed Porsche Guards Red like my first one.....now if it was a total basket....maybe but not now......If the deal works out I will post here and start a project thread....
Dave
Yes please, post up how all this pans out and your progress with it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yes, the good old days! Paid $700 for my '79 Sunrise back in early 1987 with 72,000 miles and still have the car to this day. Now $700 is a down payment for a mint NOS grille.......

DaveHath

Reaction score
Yeah I hear that....parts that we threw away in the 90s at the Dodge dealership I worked at.....would be in demand now

DaveHath

Reaction score
Made final arrangments for the car today....shipping is laid on and with any luck it should be here soon

DaveHath

Reaction score
The car arrived today and is here.....made the hour drive from pick up point to the house with no issues....at first glance it needs some little things.....horn and washer pump don't work...needs tailpipes made...but overall it is a really nice car....and reminds me of my car from 35 years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back