1980 volare value

mike2

Reaction score
F58B4234-0B51-48F6-9E5E-691495ED997F.jpeg
A64673E1-731E-4621-98B2-881DB9E1A5C4.jpeg
7DD34D63-F1C5-4412-A71B-99AA12355CA2.jpeg
C74C78F0-1047-4723-A8AA-2BB004B9124D.jpeg

Hello everyone hope everybody is well during this time. Was thinking of what my volare’s value is at this time. Car is 1980 volare /6 auto with ac. Runs and drives good has some motor oil leaks Not massive leaks but enough to mark its spot overnight after a drive. Seats are worn in front and has the dash cracks every F body has 76k miles . Have had fresh magnum 318 and trans to swap for a few years but still haven’t done it . Not sure if i want different mopar . Seems big money to buy another car. Big money for me is 8-10k. So was wondering what these are worth. Don’t see them listed for more than 3k. Thoughts ?

GregG48213

Reaction score
what these are worth
Three grand is probably the typical transaction price. What a seller can ask and what a buyer will pay are two very different things. Do the engine swap if you want, but I would consider the car more valuable if it was original.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Sounds like 3K is in the ballpark and probably worth a bit more if the wear you mentioned is only minor and the rest of the car is in good shape. Reason being that you can buy one cheaper but then spend more getting it into decent shape.

Doing engine change probably wouldn't be worth it if you're only doing it to sell. When you're talking about a /6 Volare it would be worth more if someone puts a V8 in it but only if either it was done properly and the buyer was knowledgeable enough to see that or they don't know anything and just want a V8. Because then there's the other crowd who would think the car is worth less because you messed with it and they'd rather do the swap themselves. And then turn around and think they're sitting on gold when they're doneo_O

mike2

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, not really lookin to sell it , i like the car and drives good just a bit slow. I hate to put 3-4 thousand in parts that i have and its still only worth 3k , i have all parts to convert it even radiator and rears. parts will also bolt into an A body. maybe i will just have to get another A body and keep the volare stock.

barbee6043

Reaction score
Here in SE Texas 45 minutes N of Houston. I placed my 76 318 RR and my 79 slant Volare on FB here several months ago . Mine sound a lot like your except both painted last fall. Excellent paint. new tires, run/drive perfect new radiators etc. Side lovers, great chrome One ad, both cars listed for sale the 76 at $4700 and the 79 at $4700. I have had a zillion messages inquiring. Most ask IS that price in the heading of $4200 for BOTH cars?
I paid $1200-1500 each, the 79, NEVER had a speck of rust. I have restored 25-35 cars over the decades. I have probably $3500-4000 in each. I work for FREE!
So my answer to your question is I might could move mine IF I was asking $3000 per car! LOL But we are in Texas and TX is NOT a Mopar state. Problem with so many F bodies out in the rust belt is RUST!!! GM yes!!
I have never sold an old MOPAR at a loss so I guess they will sit!! I do like the F bodies but I have 5 Mopars and can stand to let someone else enjoy some.
Mopar people set the price of their cars, both buying and selling. If the car is worth little to us, why will anyone else regard them as worth anything!!!! WE set their price actually.
I know evryone says it is a hobby, hobbies cost money. LOL

100_2619.JPG

mike2

Reaction score
D17E14A0-AD27-41C4-BCC1-65A88626279D.jpeg
6C58EA31-3D29-47D6-84EE-60E15AECF3AA.jpeg
Barbee. I have stalked your ads and admired your cars lol. They look great and would like to have them. I see junk slant dusters selling for more . The F bodies are so close to dusters but better brakes , heavier suspension components , usually better shape and easily modified. I don’t understand the pricing , im just going to enjoy mine. Very reliable , couldn’t find another one for what it will sell for. Bet you would have sold them easily at Carlisle. Nothing but overpriced cars there.

barbee6043

Reaction score
^^^ I have been to Carlisle twice n the past few decades, love the grounds the show even the Yankees there are pretty nice folk!!! The F bodies are under rated models. I say that having owned about every E, A and B body made!!!
I have been on FABO years and what is so funny, there cars made after '71 are loved,not by everyone, but.... slants are so popular and in general a huge following of hobbiest and the most helpful and knowedgable Mopar people.
I can honestly say that the average F body guy reminds me of the Mopar hobbist from way back at the beginning od the 80's. I say that is a good way!!!
Like said, these F cars are so easily modified. They have the style, brakes, suspension. I also see them as prime material for the restoo] rod deal, although I admit I am not into that.
These cars will becomemore valuable I bet I am just too old to ever cash in when it does!!!! I can remember back in the early 90's when you could not give away a good 70 340 Duster.

The_Red_Baron

Reaction score
I got my 80 Volare evaluated at Carlisle, all original auto /6 ac 100k miles and trans, 10k on motor rebuild. It was estimated around 10k I think, but that was for insurance purposes. Like they were saying, 3 grand is reasonable for a decent 80 F body.

Back