1980 Volare

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Hi everyone .. like the title says .. that's what I got, been looking in all the wrong places for an older car and being a mostly Mopar owner and having owned one back in '78 RR .. I sold my '11 Compass to go old school cool. Not worried tho .. wife drives the Ram .. lol

What I found was in showroom condition and I'm keeping as stock as I possibly can ... reason being is I also own an '80 Mercury Bobcat with a transplanted 2.3L turbo that has been a headache since I started it. I dunno I used to be better(not good tho) at wrenching in my younger days and now see the beauty and ease of ownership in purely stock editions. They sure don't make 'em like that no more.

The car .. 2 dr. black coupe, center console, red interior, no air except with the windows down while moving and a slant six .. now I have to relearn driving with rear wheel drive and carbs ?? Waddya mean no tip start ... lol

From Windsor On. retired but mostly just tired from WAP .. I started with building Cordoba's with rich Corinthian leather and ended with minivans. I've just upgraded to W.10 and nothing works like it used to(like everything nowadays) so tho I can take pics I can't download them and when I do get something on the puter I can't find it afterwards?? I'll post pics as soon as I figure this dagnabit thing out.

Thanks

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Since I can't figure the computer out lets see if this works? copy-n-paste-ed
photo%203.JPG

photo%201.JPG

Got to find some 15" that fit but these wheels are in original condition!!

photo%202.JPG

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
photo 2x1.JPG
photo 2x2.JPG
photo 2x3.JPG
photo 2x4.JPG
Egg on face .. should of checked my posts .. lets try again. Thanks for the tip

Last edited by a moderator:

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After you upload You have to click the FULL IMAGE button to insert full size image

(I fixed your first post)

insert full size.jpg

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Thanks joeychgo .. man-o-man I got things to learn .. been a few years since I've been on any forums and even longer doing anymore than lurking on them ..lol
Captain .. there was another near Cobourg but my jaw dropped when I looked at this one (Princeton) .. and I saved 6hrs. driving time, but honestly the reason for saying looking in all the wrong places in my intro was when I seen the cars for sale on this forum ! .. I was really looking for a J body, but I'm really happy with this one for sure !!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks joeychgo .. man-o-man I got things to learn .. been a few years since I've been on any forums and even longer doing anymore than lurking on them ..lol
Captain .. there was another near Cobourg but my jaw dropped when I looked at this one (Princeton) .. and I saved 6hrs. driving time, but honestly the reason for saying looking in all the wrong places in my intro was when I seen the cars for sale on this forum ! .. I was really looking for a J body, but I'm really happy with this one for sure !!

I go through Coburg all the time on the way to my trailer!.....

I'd say you did just fine with the one you got. She's a sweetie for sure.

Back