1981 Cordoba LS

80mirada

Reaction score
That sucks, I really wished I could have bought that from you. Such a beautiful car, too bad its getting flipped like that.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
That sucks, I really wished I could have bought that from you. Such a beautiful car, too bad its getting flipped like that.
I'm just livid. I received multiple assurances it was going to the Mopar Faithful, to someone who would do right by it. I kept my word to the buyer that I'd hold the sale while funds were raised, because he was "the right buyer." To see it on a flipper's eBay page just 3 months after selling it.... I'm not happy. I completely understand a buyer can do as they please after the transaction, but I do feel betrayed on this particular transaction.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I understand your frustration. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you sell it for?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
At that price, it will have to go to the right buyer. At least you know it won't be abused.

Duke5A

Reaction score
At least from the photos that is a fair price to me. There seems to be a high number of flippers and owners who think they're sitting on gold mines. $2k for a roached out roller with no drive train. $15k for a driver in similar shape to yours. Now yours is listed for $20k.

This shit is just nuts.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Unfortunate and the future buyer will self justify the new purchase at the high cost. As it is change comes to every hobby to where it becomes more of a business and unfortunately that last couple years the FMJ world has been impacted by the same. Flippers are needed in the hobby for cars and parts but the "I will never sell it" stings hard to anyone.

The only good will be the future buyer shelling out that kind of money will take care of the car. And im not saying people new to the game as buyers are bad people as they are not but rather most are good future custodians and some with more vigor then some of us older more meh types like me.

Know your friends and never stay out of touch for long as society and the world seems to be getting stranger and stranger.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
ok, so who was the buyer?
Eh, I don't want to cause *too* much trouble. The eBayer / dealer is not too far from here. I have considered going to "save" her, but I did sell it for a reason. I like to drive the classics, and the Slanty isn't up to modern speeds. I don't have the resources to self-install a V8, so that's why I sold it. If I bought it back, I'd be in the same situation. I've been on the hunt for another modern classic.

Camtron

Reaction score
Eh, I don't want to cause *too* much trouble. The eBayer / dealer is not too far from here. I have considered going to "save" her, but I did sell it for a reason. I like to drive the classics, and the Slanty isn't up to modern speeds. I don't have the resources to self-install a V8, so that's why I sold it. If I bought it back, I'd be in the same situation. I've been on the hunt for another modern classic.
I’m in, Chicago. Portage park/Jefferson park area particularly. I’d be happy to lend you a hand or engine hoist in the future.

GregG48213

Reaction score
do as they please
There are some people that have a price on everything that they own. If they happen to possess something for a number of years, it could be because they never got the price they were asking. Of course, he will still pay to list the car for sale, even when it doesn't sell.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
That's too bad. Is that the actual person who bought from you or were they the middle man. Not to bash the leaning tower of make it move but your asking price already should have attracted the serious buyers. This price is more like attracting the insane... but like people have been saying now seems like a really good time to sell cars.

TonyVolare

Reaction score
now that you have cash from that sale... you can buy my 1978 Dodge Aspen Wagon....

TonyVolare

Reaction score
Grandfather's car bought brand new, never wrecked, gave it to me 3 years ago titled and driven by me. Highly optioned. All original. No bondos.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 6.11.43 PM.png

Cordoba1

Reaction score
That's too bad. Is that the actual person who bought from you or were they the middle man. Not to bash the leaning tower of make it move but your asking price already should have attracted the serious buyers. This price is more like attracting the insane... but like people have been saying now seems like a really good time to sell cars.
No. The current seller also appears to have misrepresented their intentions. I'm told that the car was delivered to a private residence, not the dealer where it resides now. (IE, they did not indicate they were a dealer nor their intention to flip it.)

TonyVolare

Reaction score
why did you sell the car then?

Are you upset because it was so sentimental? or is it the money part thats bugging you?

if its sentimental, you were a dummy to sell it, you will never get it back.

if its money, then you were a dummy (or cheap with fees) to put it up yourself and let it ride or put it on hemmings or whatever hipsters use to list stuff nowadays.

your feelings are understood and we sympathize with you. it could be worse...

you could need a new car like I did, sticker price was $41k, dealer jacks up the price by $5k plus they add all this mandatory bullshit fees bumping it up to $59k. They tell you its the last car they have they won't have any for 3 months and they already have a deposit on it if you don't buy it now. You agree come back tomorrow for plates find out they "just" got 3 more 2021 Toyota Siennas. They could have at least removed all the Toyota badges and made them Lexus for what I paid.

Back