1981 Diplomat Coupe

jleydig

Reaction score
I just found this super nice Diplomat. I got it in a trade deal. It has the big v-8 rear end, 225 slant six, auto tranny. The interior is mint, it only needs new paint. I wish I knew how many of these where made.

81 diplomat.JPG

81 diplomat2.JPG

jleydig

Reaction score
I put the deck spoiler on it. It came off of a 1983 Trans Am. I am looking for a 1983 Mustang GT 5.0 so I can rob the hood scoop. After that, it's paint time(factory color).

bill55az

Reaction score
I put the deck spoiler on it. It came off of a 1983 Trans Am. I am looking for a 1983 Mustang GT 5.0 so I can rob the hood scoop. After that, it's paint time(factory color).
I have one of those camaro spoilers, same color, and my Dip Coupe is about the same color. Haven't mounted it yet, thanks for posting your pic so I cansee what it looks like....

jleydig

Reaction score
Here it is with the scoop on it. I really like how this looks. My next project will be to turbo this 225. It's too good on gas to replace it with a V8.

81 diplomat sport coupe.JPG

81 diplomat rear.JPG

CMX360

Reaction score
Is that the stang scoop? That looks pretty damn good. I've always wanted to sup up a diplomat wagon or preferably a caravelle wagon.

jleydig

Reaction score
Yes the scoop is from a 1983 Mustang Gt 5.0. It is the only model I know of that has that scoop on it. Well, I guess it is time to paint it.

jleydig

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments. I will keep you up dated on the progress.

jleydig

Reaction score
I'm sorry, no updates yet. I have a lot of projects going on, but I plan on doing it this spring. Thanks for checking in with me though. I will be sure to post any updates as soon as I start working on it.

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I saw that car for sale way back when I was looking for one.
I have a 80 Lebaron Coupe and a 80 Diplomat Coupe.
I have to say that spoiler and scoop really looks good.
The low profile of the scoop fits the hood well.
I cant stand when people put those big huge snorkle
hood scoops on their cars.
I have wondered what the dual snorkle scoop off a 74
Dart Sport would look like.

Back