WANTED 1981 Lebaron wagon tan leather front and rear seats wanted or upholstery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for either a source for the front and rear tufted leather covers (called Sms, no luck) or some nice seats, lastly some tattered seat upholstery to copy the pattern from?

someone recovered mine and they look like a taxi cab which is a shame the dang car only has 46k miles on it

Im in California, northern

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Man, that would be some expensive shipping from Ohio, whole. I know I could pull the hog rings off the rear base to save weight and size. Never disassembled a wagon rear top but I could learn. Swapping skins on others is easy enough. I've taken buckets apart for shipping, but haven't tried fixed position fronts before either. Suppose they come apart similar to the rest and if stripped to skins would save a ton. IIRC there's one inch long tear in the drivers base. Haven't driven it since winter started but have just reupholstered a new different color interior and planning to swap this stuff out anyhow. Was thinking to put it in one of the 5thA's but hey,,, good time to ask. Getting toward dark here already and raining, I could get pix tomorrow if you like.

Reaction score
Shoot me some pix I’d pay ya to carefully remove the skins and send them to me. I’ll send a deposit first so you don’t pull them for no reason.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Driver seat has more wear than I was thinking. But still really comfy.
20200317_173030.jpg
20200317_173044.jpg

20200317_173057.jpg

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Finally got it to open. Internet being weird the past few days for me and many on this end of the country across multiple platforms and devices. You should have a text message now. But just yesterday I just received two messages to continue a previous but long dropped converstation from a good friend which had sent them March 5! I had to ask him if he forgot to lick the stamp and they finally got through anyhow while I may have postage due! This 5G roll out is getting ridiculous as it interrupts our normal communications regionally.

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Don't know if you got my text message. But now that I'm looking at pictures of this interior instead of just getting into it, it may actually already have been swapped in from a 5thA before I got it. I never really noticed that the rear back has fewer pleats than the front backs. I know the fronts are the same as you'd find in a 5th. The rear base is too. But I was looking at the rear back in my 5th and it matches the rest of this set, where this back doesn't. Maybe a wagon specific thing? I haven't owned more than just this one to know one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back