1981 Mexican Spec Chrysler LeBaron Coupe

Mexican Spec

Reaction score
Here is an interesting car.

Was this car sold in the US as it is here? I think I remember seeing them with this rear end.

Please let me know.

01-rf.jpg
02-right.jpg
03-rear.jpg
04-lr.jpg
05-int.jpg
07-eng.jpg
08-lf.jpg

09-front.jpg

pioneer61

Reaction score
The emblem in the grille is unique. US cars had a hood ornament instead

pioneer61

Reaction score
i don't recall seeing either. i like this sort of thing...i'll have to look for pics online

kmccabe56

Reaction score

8T2TOP

Reaction score

UNKIE

Reaction score
Here is an interesting car.

Was this car sold in the US as it is here? I think I remember seeing them with this rear end.

Please let me know.

View attachment 47761View attachment 47762View attachment 47763View attachment 47764View attachment 47765View attachment 47766View attachment 47767

View attachment 47768
You have a Mexican LeBaron I have a Canadian Caravelle I think your car look's sweet. I went to tag mine herein Md they kept telling me that I had a barracuda. I had to show them pictures of the car. Now she's registered
as a 1978 Plymouth coupe.

s-l1600.jpg

d2dca8a50a52d5d90abc7b8ed4e42ac5.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Mexican Spec

Reaction score

UNKIE

Reaction score
Wow, that is a great looking car. I have seen a few with floor shift manuals. That would make it really fun.

That name Caravelle was used on quite a few different vehicles including VW vans toward the later years of their production.
The Plymouth in the 80s and 90s as we know actually saved Chrysler in the long run. They all had a Volks wagon engine in them except the Maserati's that they sold which actually looked to me like a fat LeBaron they had the all leather interior there was carried as Maserati some of them had Maserati engines in them some of them had the basically Volkswagen engine in them with the Maserati's head. Yeah, the Caravelle I have was the last of the V8 Caravelles they were made in Missouri on the same line that the LeBaron coupes and diplomat coupes were all made down in Missouri except that the Caravelles were all sent to Canada.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Wow, that is a really pretty car.

Did you buy it like that or did you do the work?
Thanks! Scroll down to the bottom and you can see the "before" pictures. I bought the car at a charity auction. I always wanted a LeBaron LS Limited, but have never been able to find one that isn't completely rotted. I had the local Macco shop (for real!) paint it two-tone. I applied the pin-stripping myself. I've long since sold the car.

Mexican Spec

Reaction score
Thanks! Scroll down to the bottom and you can see the "before" pictures. I bought the car at a charity auction. I always wanted a LeBaron LS Limited, but have never been able to find one that isn't completely rotted. I had the local Macco shop (for real!) paint it two-tone. I applied the pin-stripping myself. I've long since sold the car.
I noticed the car above had a different design for the grille. It doesn't have the hood ornament.

Back