1981 Mexican Spec Dodge Dart Wagon

Mexican Spec

Reaction score
Some great cars! Is importing them expensive/ an issue? Are prices better than in the states? Some clean Mustangs!
I am working on that right now to send cars there. The logistics is what costs a bit.

Import duties are very low as they are not worth big money.

Send me a private message if you want to see some of the cars that are here.

armataz

Reaction score
yah, I get that..
I have not been to mexico for over 30 years.. and it was still crazy back then..
theres risks either way. but you know you wont get kidnapped or killed. .. having it transported.

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Y'all have to remember that the "M" body cars are derivatives of the "F" body cars. And front clips, instrument panels, hoods and doors can be easily swapped from like bodies. (2dr to 2d, 4dr to 4dr, wagon to wagon). IIRC, several guys on this site, or another I've been to have put "M" body instrument clusters in their "F" body cars. All it takes is a couple of hand tools.

And starting in 1980, F & M bodies all used the same front fenders with just the header panels different, and only slightly so. Bumpers can be swapped as well.

Mix and match at its finest.

FuryManVan

Reaction score
They built some cool Vehicles in Mexico I almost bought this 68 Dodge Suburban from ebay. Notice the 3 row seating and 2 doors
Screenshot_20210112-145902_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210112-145834_Samsung Internet.jpg

armataz

Reaction score
Y'all have to remember that the "M" body cars are derivatives of the "F" body cars. And front clips, instrument panels, hoods and doors can be easily swapped from like bodies. (2dr to 2d, 4dr to 4dr, wagon to wagon). IIRC, several guys on this site, or another I've been to have put "M" body instrument clusters in their "F" body cars. All it takes is a couple of hand tools.

And starting in 1980, F & M bodies all used the same front fenders with just the header panels different, and only slightly so. Bumpers can be swapped as well.

Mix and match at its finest.
I have found that instrument wires can change colors from model to model and dodge chrysler plymouth. so be sure to have color codes and diagrams handy. to make sure the right colors get patched together..

Back