1982 Cordoba!

Cordoba Tom

Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Tom and I have a 1982 Cordoba with 87,000 original miles. It also has T tops which were a buying point for me. It runs good, but still is somewhat of a project. I would like to replace the door panels, particularly the upper part, fix the headliner, add dual exhaust and replace the tiny 2 barrel with a 4 barrel. I welcome any tips for these things and any knowledge of getting any parts for it, as well. Look forward to "meeting" all the J body members!

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Welcome!
Welcome aboard!! Post lots of pics.
25431685.jpg

Cordoba Tom

Reaction score
That's true. Your car looks great, so if you have any more pics, I'd like to see them. I'll get a few of mine up soon, too.

Rockford Cordoba

Reaction score
What kind of condition are your rear fender extensions in? Mine were fine when I got the car but because my car is black and the days here were HOT they just collapsed one day on the driveway! I have wanted someone that could scan an original set so that they could be 3D printed. I think I have found a printer that might be able to make them but I need the scans first. Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks

Cordoba Tom

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can scan the rear pieces, depending on what you may need.mine weren't there when I got the car 3 years ago, but the guy I bought it from gave me the number of a plastic molding company in Alabama that makes sets twice a year, so I put my order in. It took me 3 months to get them, but the folks there were really nice and helpful. The passenger side one fit like a glove, but the driver side took me a while to get it in place, and then use heat and clamps to make fit decent. I will send a couple of pics of them, and try to find the name and number of the company for you. Tom

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Tom and I have a 1982 Cordoba with 87,000 original miles. It also has T tops which were a buying point for me. It runs good, but still is somewhat of a project. I would like to replace the door panels, particularly the upper part, fix the headliner, add dual exhaust and replace the tiny 2 barrel with a 4 barrel. I welcome any tips for these things and any knowledge of getting any parts for it, as well. Look forward to "meeting" all the J body members!
This is the way...

Cordoba Tom

Reaction score
What kind of condition are your rear fender extensions in? Mine were fine when I got the car but because my car is black and the days here were HOT they just collapsed one day on the driveway! I have wanted someone that could scan an original set so that they could be 3D printed. I think I have found a printer that might be able to make them but I need the scans first. Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks
Here is a pic of the corners installed. They came out pretty decent. I bought them through Replica Plastics in Alabama. Again a little heat on the driver side one but not bad.

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Back