2 fender tags?

Moparman78

Reaction score
New to the F-body world, I just acquired a 1978 Aspen and noticed that it has 2 fender tags. Is this normal? And is there any information on decoding them? Any and all help is appreciated.

YY1

Reaction score
If it was built at Lynch Road, it will have a second tag used an an inspection stamp.
It will also be more difficult to decode.
Are there codes on the tag, or just one punch mark or a one letter stamp?
If there are several 3 or 4 digit codes, it's probably a high option car.

res1vw21

Reaction score
Both my '78 SE and '79 SE were high option cars and had two tags. They decode just like a regular tag.

res1vw21

Reaction score
YY1 is talking about the thin tag that got stamped a long the line when everything got the ok.

Lynch Road was famous for not taking it off like they were saposto.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I had a 77 Aspen R/T superpak car that had just about every option available except a fold down rear seat. It had 2 fender tags and the reeaaally cool part is the sequence number was 332211. Car had t-tops, 318 4 spd, a/c, power windows and locks, rear defrost, am/fm 8 track, bumper guards, you name it. It is actually for sale here in WV i saw it in the paper last week for like $8500

Last edited:

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Mine isnt what I would call a high option car, but it too has 2 tags... one screwed down in normal place the other is kinda wrapped around the small diagonal running brace rod....

Back