2019 Dodge Charger Pursuit - A proper MAN'S car

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Speaking of body damage, I got tagged two days before Christmas by an older guy in a 2003 Mercury Sable wagon. It was ugly, but, the insurance company shelled out over $15,000 to make it right. I just got her back, good as new (mostly) Friday.

Greg

Crunch_111.jpg

Ele115

Reaction score
That is probably the only 2003 Sable wagon left on the planet, or was anyway. It's probably 15 Hyundais now

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Well.... I had her back for eight whole days.. Saturday, the transmission took a dump. I had to have her flat bedded to my home where she's waiting for pickup by somebody this morning. When it rains... it pours... These days, I'm of the age where I just let the insurance company handle it. I just can't catch a break...

Greg

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Well, just before the quarantine thing hit, I got her back again. Turned out the accident damaged the rear drive shaft and nobody caught that until I started driving the car. Car got towed back to the body shop then towed to the dealer for repair. All seems to be well now. I've even had the time to add the SRT rear spoiler. I'll say again however. Police cars are an acquired taste. If you get one, be ready to make a LOT of changes to make it livable as a daily driver.

Greg

Charger_back11.jpg

Ele115

Reaction score
I wish I had a backseat in mine LOL. Do they throw them away or what? They were all missing back seats

Opticon77

Reaction score
I'm sure the lawyers made them burn the back seats. Can you imagine the finely atomized liability that all those meth'd up hookers spray around back there?

Greg55_99

Reaction score
I wish I had a backseat in mine LOL. Do they throw them away or what? They were all missing back seats

Too bad you don't live in New England. I'd let you have my original cloth backseat cheap. Front seats too.

Greg

Ele115

Reaction score
I'm working on getting the plastic one that these usually have. That should be good enough for selling it as long as the seatbelts are compatible and I'm sure they are. The next owner can worry about finding something more comfy unless it's some Wackenhut weirdo that wants to play police with it.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
How about posting a pic or two and your story on the car. Cop cars lead hard lives. BTW, ANY 2015-2020 Charger or Chrysler 300 back seat will fit your rig.

Greg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It would be an easier sell with a real seat, not the plastic kind. Should be easier to find too.

I also have 300 seats in my Hemi charger police car.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
It would be an easier sell with a real seat, not the plastic kind. Should be easier to find too.

I also have 300 seats in my Hemi charger police car.

Were you able to get full power working on the 300 seats in your cop car? I tried and got everything working but I couldn't get the airbag light to go out on the dash. I wound up putting the leather 300 skins onto the Pursuit manual seat frames.

Greg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Were you able to get full power working on the 300 seats in your cop car? I tried and got everything working but I couldn't get the airbag light to go out on the dash. I wound up putting the leather 300 skins onto the Pursuit manual seat frames.

Greg

Yeah. Mine already had power seats but the plugs on the 300 seats weren't the same so I swapped the wiring harnesses from the charger seats to the 300 ones.
The airbag and seat belt light were on when I first did it but then I noticed when I was looking at pictures I took that there were a couple things I plugged in on the new seats that either weren't plugged in or were missing on the original Charger seats and when I unplugged those things the lights went out and everything worked properly. I'm guessing that one of those things I unplugged was as sensor that the car wasn't programmed for so it put the light on because it was getting a signal it shouldn't have been receiving?

Greg55_99

Reaction score
In my 2019, I got the interior front seats out of a 2015 300 and the rear out of a 2016 300. Both 300 front seats had full power and heating. The Pursuit had partial power on the drivers side and manual on the passengers side. The rear seats went in with no problem. The fronts didn't go so well. First time I put them in, the airbag light came on and stayed on. Figured out the seat belt clasp on the seat was depressed. It's designed to do that when the car is involved in a frontal impact. Once in that state, it causes the computer to fail the airbags if you put them into another car. Swapping on the clasp from the Pursuit didn't work because cop cars don't have that feature so the wiring wasn't the same. I DID have full power though. I also noticed that 300 power seats have two connectors underneath. One yellow and one grey. Cop cars only have the yellow one. Anyway, after all of that, taking the seats in and out and not getting the airbag light to go out, I just figured out it was easier to swap the leather skins off of the 300 power seat frames onto the Pursuit seat frames. It was actually easy and a straight swap. Worked out well.

I also got a console out of a 2015 Charger and added a $30 Sirius XM radio I got on CL. The carpet came out of a 300. Tell me about your radio/nav swap out? Did you use a junkyard unit and just plug it in?

Seats_11.jpg

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I thought the seat belt light might on mine might have been from the same issue but luckily it went out.
I haven't done rear seat or carpet yet. The yard I got the front seats from didn't have either. But the rear seat is vinyl and like new so for now it doesn't look as bad as if one was cloth and the other not.

On mine the nav radio and screen came from two different yards and were plug and play but I had to buy a GPS antenna and get a security code from the dealer at the same time. I also had to replace the dash bezel because it was different between 8.4" screen and the cheap radio and I had to dremel out a notch for the shifter. the only problem I have is the temperature display is stuck at 22 degrees which is normal for that swap. You can still raise and lower it but it jumps back to displaying 22 on the scree. I think the 2015+ bezel might be the same for the different radio types.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Off topic, but I thought it was interesting - Chrysler makes a 300SRT, right hand drive, for the Australian market, in the Brampton, Ontario, factory. There is no 300SRT, for North America!

Back