26" radiator and fan shroud for an Aspen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am looking for an NOS or good condition 26" radiator and fan shroud that fits an Aspen.

The part number for the radiator is 4016993...the core number can be the same or 4016992 or 4016996

The part number for the fan shroud is 3869812

watch out I have a 1977 parts book on CD...I am so dangerous now..:glasses3:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
eric my car is acting funny on hot days when shes all warmed up im thinking about the radiator i measured 26 roughly from mounting to mounting and the rad it self is close to 19 am i looking for the same as u i have my own shroud but r these the correct measurements?i may go with a champion if nothing else. but any other cars have same rad or oine that will bolt in ? just need some help

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I copied this out of my project thread

I got the Murry 26" radiator brand new yesterday at O'Reilly's for 129 bucks...I had a spare radiator fan shroud for my M body and decided to see if it fit...it did but is pretty dirty...will search for a better one...it already 97 here so all the cooling I can get I will take..I looked up a part number for the Aspen 26" radiator fan shroud and they match...guess they were using them through 1989.

IMG00775-20110531-2138.jpg

This is a huge two row core radiator it will no mount in a non-AC car

Last edited:

1980volare

Reaction score
I got the Murry 26" radiator brand new yesterday at O'Reilly's for 129 bucks...I had a spare radiator fan shroud for my M body and decided to see if it fit...it did but is pretty dirty...will search for a better one...it already 97 here so all the cooling I can get I will take..I looked up a part number for the Aspen 26" radiator fan shroud and they match...guess they were using them through 1989.

IMG00775-20110531-2138.jpg

This is a huge two row core radiator it will no mount in a non-AC car

thats not true. mines mounted in a /6 non ac rad support.

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
thats not true. mines mounted in a /6 non ac rad support.

IMAG0028.jpg
Factory location it is true...you or someone else made extension brackets to mount it to the factory bolt hole locations.....but thanks for the picture...it shows that it can be done with some brackets.

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
omg so i could do this and use the bigger radiator?can u post pics of the brackets themselves i could really use something like this and more info on it . are the pics u took the same as a 77aspen?

1980volare

Reaction score
go to autozone or you favorive other parts store. tell them you need a radiator for a 87 ram 360 with hd cooling and ac. you will need the lower hose off the ram as well for it to work i believe. them use some flat stock and bolt them to the factory location and measure for the rad mound on the flat stock and bolt it up. then find a shroud off a ram,van, or fmj car and it will bolt on that rad. its a really easy and worthwhile swap.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
if i go this route my car has no a/c so should i get just a hd cooling 87 ram radand 2 goodyear flex rad hoses. but will i have to mess with fan spacing and luckly my car has the shroud to use on the truck rad and if urs is a /6 support mine has the 318 will my fit be diffrent i jus am very ???????? about the diffrence between ur and my car is there the same this may be the route for me.

1980volare

Reaction score
my car is/was a slant 6 car no ac. AC cars and trucks had a higher cooling capacity/and bigger and better rads. what is the width of your current radiator?

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
from eond of tab to tab on mounting peices close to 26inches wide ,22inches tall core is prolly less then 2in thick and core is like 18 1/4 by 18 1/4.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
from eond of tab to tab on mounting peices close to 26inches wide ,22inches tall core is prolly less then 2in thick and core is like 18 1/4 by 18 1/4.
You got the same small puny non A/C as me...the bracket is real wide and the actual radiator is real puny...do what 1980volare did and it will be good to go

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
in that case cant i just get a 77 aspen a/c large one instead of the 87 ram or the same one u got eric
Yep either way and let me know right away if you need a shroud...I am going junking in the morning and I can probably get you one if the cars are still there 35-40 bucks will get you one plus shipping

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
and ask for the same rad u got? and make the brackets and the shroud u will get me will work with it and ill be good with some new flex rad hoses

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
and ask for the same rad u got? and make the brackets and the shroud u will get me will work with it and ill be good with some new flex rad hoses
I am going to get as many fan shrouds as I can get tomorrow...the two core one is behind my 81 Gran Fury with A/C with no problems

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score

I am going to get as many fan shrouds as I can get tomorrow...the two core one is behind my 81 Gran Fury with A/C with no problems
get this one at O'Riellys

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...k=Search_01386_1069512_506&pt=01386&ppt=C0331

vpro-433500.jpg

Of course as they get more rare the price goes up I got it 3 months ago at $130 and now it's $172.99

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back