318 intake manifold gaskets - which one?

majo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to Mopar engines, and looking for a little advice ( probably won't be the last time! ).

I'm curious as to what type/manufacturer of intake manifold gasket you've used on a 318. I'm gonna be putting a basic ( 2176 ) Edelbrock performer intake on my 81 Imperial.

Thanks!

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
Nocar340 once told me he liked to see the fiber gaskets used when mating aluminum to steel as it makes up for differing expansion rates.

The steel oem ones are fine for stock iron manifold aplications.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I didn't even notice the crossover being blocked. For a year round daily driven (especially winter) vehicle you should have exhaust crossover. Also if you have a bimetal non-electric choke that sits in the manifold well, you for sure need crossover or the choke will never open. Also helps prevent carburetor icing when in colder weather.

I suppose opening up the gaskets would work(?) or like 8V said, go with any quality fiber gasket. I hear the MP ones are excellent.

majo

Reaction score
It won't be daily driven, just endurance raced a couple times a year. Thanks for the replies.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
i bought the entire motor kit ,every gasket thats needed for entire 318 bottom to top ,it was around $150 i think ,but no issues after my re build on blue

Back