3d printing

mirada mike

Reaction score
Due to Jbody 1/4 panel extension issues can 3d printing be applied? The fiber glass replacement ones leave a lot to be desired.

IMG_3324.jpeg

IMG_7010.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
I recently contacted a 3D printer local to me from his website online. For a piece of chromed trim about an inch wide, about a foot long with some surface detailing, I'd be looking at $200. I thanked him anyway.

Camtron

Reaction score
Quality/fit would probably still need to be worked out with 3D printing. If someone has a set of OEM that’s still intact, getting them scanned into a cad file and off to a tin knocker or sheet metal shop with CNC capabilities would probably be the best route; particularly with a few people all on board to split the cost, short of paying top dollar at a shop to have a one off set made by hand. But you’d still need a solid template for them to work off of to replicate it.
There’s a shop here in, Illinois called Tin man’s garage that could nail a set in alloy/metal if someone gets them a template.

Home Page - The Tin Man's Garage

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
A lot of 3d printed fillers have popped up recently on ebay for other cars. Might be worth trying to contact one of them to see what they can do.

Back