76/77 aspen rt grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volare4life

Reaction score
Contact seller
Just putting a feeler out there, not really sure what a realistic value would be for my 76/77 aspen r/t grill
51ADE895-AA06-4D82-AE29-934BC08C11C9_zpswwmybch3.jpg
not mint/nos/cherry, had to make a few minor repairs to cracks, also have the latch for it as well, hardware (screws) are rusted trash, what do you guys think its worth ?

Volare4life

Reaction score
So I have been told its worth around $150, does that seem reasonable ? Is anyone interested in this grill ? price is negotiable, also looking for other parts, hood fenders etc,

-Mike

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
hard to tell from pic but i think its justa standard 76-77 grill its not blacked out in the proper spots and i think the badge was removed to deceive and make it hard to verify by someone ,not saying you mike but someone in the past ,,,,behind where the badge goes there are letters and numbers what are they? that will tell me if its a true rt grill ,,if its a true rt grill $150 is a good price if its a standard grill $50 is the most ive ever paid for my wall hangers .and when i say wall hanger i dont mean trash there all in mint condition ,minus the usual rub
048.jpg
now compare it to this
images.jpg

048.jpg

images.jpg

Volare4life

Reaction score
the numbers on the back of the grill behind the emblem are

3868125 CAV1
30333 3686168
76 550

Winner ?? lol

greymouser7

Reaction score
$50 paid for mint condition is a phenomenal price, if even the volare grilles are going up - ask $100 minimum if you're selling. I am willing to liquidate mine

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Same grill, different badging and colors.
I wouldnt sell a good one for less than 150 if I was shipping it. A bit less if it was a local pick-up.
50 for a mint one is going to be an unusual deal.
The 76-77 Aspen grill is not a big demand item. I've had 3 on the shelf for years and just traded one off the other day.

Volare4life

Reaction score
Jim I shot you a email through your site not sure if you got it or not, just looking for pieces of the old egg crate grill to get a rough size of the boxes,

-Mike

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
ive bought a few on ebay for $50 an$55 but shipping cost the same so really im in to those ones for $100 each ,,and ya jim they are the same grill but painted different and the over spray patterns are different as well ,,cav 1 made in the usa are the real r/t grills there are some that say usa but if you look close you can see the usa has been melted or scratched off and the canada stamped over it
there are also cav2 grills out there . i think the molds were sold and then someone got them in the early 80s and started to re-pop a few (nors stock)
i do have a nos stock cav 1 r/t grill with the nos r/t badge as well ,,its sweet looking..paid $350 for it ,i was waiting till repaint to put it on blue but ,ehh im thinkin it will go on for mopar fest this yr
any ways good luck with your sale my friend someone will want it for sure there only getting harder and harder to find ,,ide ask $200 if it were mine

Jim Wahl

Reaction score
How about Volare grills? Anybody got any '78, '79 grills? I'm looking for an unbroken one in great shape at a good price.

Volare4life

Reaction score
Jim thats my main goal, sell the aspen/R/t grill to help fund and or hlep trade towards a volare grill, hell i will rebuild one from pieces if i have too !!

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
i have a nos 78 volare grill for sale
GRILL.jpg

$675 usd plus the ride ,if ya think thats costly ,go and price one and see what ya find $1000 to $1500 is what you will find ,although there is a old used one on e-bay for $895
IM not trying to jack this thread but if your looking for one thought ide let ya know where you can find one ,lol

GRILL.jpg

Last edited:

Volare4life

Reaction score
well I worked over at greymouser7's house this past weekend, and traded labor for parts, which is always a win and scored this baby,
2E6F98DF-ACC1-4FC3-A18B-B3AB3EF61422_zpse2kgg7h0.jpg

So i finally have what i need and thank you super pac for the generous offer on your grille, but i will pass

-Mike

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
looks like she needs some work but ,ya baby thats a deal any day of the week to get one of those in your hands ,congrats

Jim Wahl

Reaction score
Better late than never but this is just to tell you guys that I bought the grille from Superpac Ninja and it was a seamless and as near perfect transaction as you could ask for! His communications were better than you could ask for and he is probably the most honest guy I have EVER delt with on the whole internet! Thank you Superpac! The grille is on the car and looks great! Sorry for taking so long but I lost the thread! Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back