76-77 F Clocks ???

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Anyone know if there was a cut off date or if it was the approx model year change when it comes to the 76 type F body clock VS the cheaper more plain 77 type?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m aware the F-bodies has an analog clock and a digital clock. I’m not aware there was a difference in each (or one) version. Do you have any pictures?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
76 Top Had the older mopar theme, black crinkle backing and screen printed on top.
77 Bottom Clock Face printed on back of lens, black background.

76 Clock.jpg

77 Clock.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I'm betting it was a multiple supplier variation.

Id go for that but the 76 parts book as well as the box shows the one I posted as a 76 PN 3593452. And both are made by the same company Borg.

Ive got all the papers, wth they called? Not the TSB-s I dont think the product Product Bulletin, I looked, thats what it is so that might be of some help.

76 Clock 2 - Copy.jpg

ccccc.jpg

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The 77 parts book as well as the box shows the one I posted as a 77 PN 3593971.

77 Clock 2 - Copy.jpg

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
so it was single supplier variation :)

cant help on the specific date, but, if typical chrysler of the era is at play, the date would be sometime in the beginning of the model year immediately after any leftover supply was used up.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Now that stands to reason, I think I got the cut off month. Its not the 76/77 year change. I cant keep a printer working to save my life but let me see if I can scan it.

I really didnt know this myself till about three years ago when I went to get the NOS clock out for a 76 project car and poof I had a NOS 77 clock in hand. They make a funny pop when they hit the wall.

Last edited:

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Yes...sometimes its a very satisfying sound.

I imagine the date would vary from factory to factory.

None of that now, with "just in time"...but that doesnt allow for much slack in the system for supply hiccups.

Back