77 Plymouth Volare Wagon carburetor troubles

lilstinker34

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been having carburetor troubles on my 77 Plymouth Volare wagon for some time now- had it rebuilt (poorly) a few years ago but am still having issues, I'm hoping someone on here can help steer me in the right direction.

I'm wondering about a few things:
-Is it worth it to have it rebuilt again vs replacing it outright?
-If replacing, where to source parts? does anyone make new carbs for this model?
-Also if replacing, how difficult is it to do myself? I have some general experience with engines, but haven't ever done carb work specifically.

Any and all input greatly appreciated!

volare pic.jpg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Start with the simple things first. What makes you think it's the carburetor? And have you bought a factory service manual for your car?

Ash_Whole

Reaction score
a carb just amplifies any problem with the engine. fuel injection can mask it to and extent, but not a carb

OLDIRON

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been having carburetor troubles on my 77 Plymouth Volare wagon for some time now- had it rebuilt (poorly) a few years ago but am still having issues, I'm hoping someone on here can help steer me in the right direction.

-If replacing, where to source parts? does anyone make new carbs for this model?
-Also if replacing, how difficult is it to do myself? I have some general experience with engines, but haven't ever done carb work specifically.

Any and all input greatly appreciated!

View attachment 50859
What motor do you have?

TomdFrog

Reaction score

I had a similar fight a few years back. After weeks of fighting, we finally found the carb had a hidden hairline crack in its base.

Back