78 Aspen F/S

65 Dartman

Reaction score
Run across a 78 Aspen 2 door slant 6 with 833 OD and T Tops. Guy wants best offer over $3000 for it. Got the $$$$ but looks like the wife will win out for a mini van (Mopar of course).

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Run across a 78 Aspen 2 door slant 6 with 833 OD and T Tops. Guy wants best offer over $3000 for it. Got the $$$$ but looks like the wife will win out for a mini van (Mopar of course).
Post an add for him in the cars for sale section if he can't..tell people to PM you for contact info..

65 Dartman

Reaction score
From the pictures the guy posted and it's location, it looks like one that was for sale locally a couple of years ago. At that time the seller stated that he didn't dare remove the T-Tops for fear of major leaks when they were put back on. Something about the seals really needed to be replaced as it appeared they shrunk and he couldn't find replacement seals any place. Is this a possibility that the seals have shrunk and there'd be leaks?

D Dodge

Reaction score
Try to convince the wife that the Aspen would be so much more fun!
icon7.gif

Wylde1

Reaction score
From the pictures the guy posted and it's location, it looks like one that was for sale locally a couple of years ago. At that time the seller stated that he didn't dare remove the T-Tops for fear of major leaks when they were put back on. Something about the seals really needed to be replaced as it appeared they shrunk and he couldn't find replacement seals any place. Is this a possibility that the seals have shrunk and there'd be leaks?

F-body T-top were, are, and have always been notorious for leaks. When I bought my '76 road runner in '86, I was warned then to stay away from T-tops and if I did get a T-top model to never remove them if they didn't leak. Camaros and Trans Ams of that era didn't suffer from the same problems as much.

Wylde1

res1vw21

Reaction score
from what I hear it sounds like repop t-top seals are about to be done. Stay tuned

Back