79 Aspen bolt pattern?

440-vs

Reaction score
Just curious.... what's the bolt pattern on a 79 Aspen? Did they still use the sbp, or had it changed over to 5 on 4.5, or something totally different? Thanks!

440-VS

Speed Safely!

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Just curious.... what's the bolt pattern on a 79 Aspen? Did they still use the sbp, or had it changed over to 5 on 4.5, or something totally different? Thanks!

440-VS

Speed Safely!
I may be proven wrong but all F-Bodies were 5 on 4.5

440-vs

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping to hear! Maybe I'll get to look at that 79 today. My work load has been heavy this week. I can already picture it with the police rallyes that's on my Duster. Sorry, can't handle the hubcaps and whitewalls.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
The latest SBP I have ever seen was on a drum-brake '74 Valiant. I thought that it was a mistake, but a couple of really knowledgable Mopar guys up here confirmed that it is not very common, but some '74 "Super Cheapo" A-bodies had SBP drums all the way around.

bill55az

Reaction score
the small bolt pattern became history after the A body cars were no longer made....
nearly all Mopar cars, and a lot of light trucks, had the 5 on 4.5....
Jeep and American motors share the bolt pattern, AND the center hole size.
Ford has the bolt pattern, but a slightly smaller center hole.
The 4.5 is still being used, but most newer wheels have too deep a backspace to use on FMJ.

440-vs

Reaction score
Now the new cars use a metric, like 5 on 100. It's just enough to be off. You're right, new model Mustang "Magnum 500's" have to be milled to fit the center.

The slotted Jeep wheels might look good...

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
The latest SBP I have ever seen was on a drum-brake '74 Valiant. I thought that it was a mistake, but a couple of really knowledgable Mopar guys up here confirmed that it is not very common, but some '74 "Super Cheapo" A-bodies had SBP drums all the way around.

my 74 dart sport had 4" bolt pattern and disks up front, luckily i had a spare 8.25" rear and only had to go buy a pair of rotors (which i ordered for a 85 diplomat) to change it to 4.5" bolt pattern

Back