79 aspen coupe

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yes, coupe and sedan fenders are the same.

To go from S6 to V8 you either need to swap k-frames OR use Schumacher conversion mounts. They allow you to put a V8 on s S6 k-frame. Now, if they're actually in stock, that's another question.

I tried to put a link here but for whatever reason, I was unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Reaction score

To go from S6 to V8 you either need to swap k-frames OR use Schumacher conversion mounts. They allow you to put a V8 on s S6 k-frame. Now, if they're actually in stock, that's another question.

Thank you sir I bought this car when I was 15 and never knew about this website till this year it helps a lot I have a 77 grille so I was needing to swap the fenders and hood for the lower hanging hood to sit on the grille

Sub03

Reaction score
I thought the hood and fenders were the same from '76 to '79?
The difference between 76/77 and 78/79 is the grille itself, and the 76/77 had the taller bracket with trim piece between the hood and grille.
(and of course the park/turn lamps moved from the bumper to grille in '78)

If my memory is not way off that means you should only need the bracket and trim to convert to the '77 grille.

Not 100% sure about this though, hopefully someone can verify or vice versa.

20200609_232917 ii.jpg

image 1033ii.jpg

Reaction score

Also do you know if changing the 79 hood and putting a 77 will I have to change the hood latch as well?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Fenders and hood are the same 1976-1979. '76/'77 Aspen uses a trim piece in the raised part of the hood in front, to meet up with the Gen 1 grille. Hood latch is also the same.

In other words, all you need are the right trim pieces. No sheetmetal change needed.

You will need a 76/77 bumper and park/signal lamps though.

Reaction score
Fenders and hood are the same 1976-1979. '76/'77 Aspen uses a trim piece in the raised part of the hood in front, to meet up with the Gen 1 grille. Hood latch is also the same.

In other words, all you need are the right trim pieces. No sheetmetal change needed.

You will need a 76/77 bumper and park/signal lamps though.
You are a life saver haha I have a four door parts car and was thinking I had to front clip swap from the 4 to coupe

Aspen500

Reaction score
The hood on my '79 Aspen came from a '76 Aspen after an "incident" back in July 1989. Unlike now, at that time you could buy a new grille assy from the dealer for the outragous price of $120. Those were the days! lol

Last edited:

Sub03

Reaction score
Thank you Aspen500. Maybe there is something left in my memory after all...:p

Reaction score
The hood on my '79 Aspen came from a '76 Aspen after an "incident back in July 1989. Unlike now, at that time you could buy a new grille assy from the dealer for the outragous price of $120. Those were the days! lol
I got lucky and got 3 parts cars gifted to me lol one had a perfect grille and the others just came extra

Back