79 Aspen

Kevin

Reaction score
New member here. I purchased a new 1979 Volare in October 79. Red with plaid interior, Super Six and Automatic. The car proved to be very dependable transportation. The only modification I had to make was to replace the exhaust manifold with a Clifford 6 into 2 header. The manifolds were notorious for breaking. Otherwise I just put wheels / tires and stereo in it. I probably drove it 8-9 years and sold it. Fast-forward 35 years and I’ve bought a 79 Aspen. The Aspen was a slant six car that’s been 340 swapped. Over the next couple of years I’m planning to upgrade the car strictly for cruising, I’ve got the drag racing and fast corners behind me. Anyway, looking forward to reading and learning from the group. Take care, stay safe. Kevin

Darter6

Reaction score
Hi Kevin, I worked for a Dodge dealer when the Aspen/Volare' came out in 76.
Sold off my 340 70 Duster and bought a new Aspen SE. I have always liked the F bodies.
Same as you, around 2005 I went to Carlisle Chrysler event and spotted a 80 Volare' wagon for sale.
6 auto and not much else. Found out I knew the guy selling it,bought it and drove it back to Nevada.
I am now searching for a 80 F body and as you have racing and going fast way behind me.
Welcome and enjoy your car and this site.

Back