79 RR

Curtis

Reaction score
Heys. Its nice to meet everyone. I have a 79 RR. My father is the original owner. He sold it back in 98 to a church friend when he and mom where hard up for money. The guy who bought it got sick with cancer and died in 2008. His widow sold it back to me :)

Its a survivor for sure. 164,000 original miles and factory 318 and still runs great.

Im working on getting a new paint job and sprucing up the interior. If anyone has tan interior parts or knows where i can get NOS stuff let me know.

I also need to get my aluminum alloy wheels restored. Help?

IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2111.JPG

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome. Currently working on restoring a set of alum wheels. The center caps is the only challenge. Impossible to find. This is what I have came up with. The center is from an AMC wheel and the dome is from an Omni. The more you polish them, the more they shine.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Curtis

Reaction score
I actually have 4 NOS center caps (silver). I found them several years ago and bought them on Ebay.

I have a guy locally here that has a set of 4 silver rims and 3 center caps. Im going to go purchase them tomorrow.

How did you polish those???

droptop

Reaction score
If you have an nos set of caps, you better secure them to the wheel some how, or you won't have them long. 40 year old plastic will not hold up. The tabs will break off while driving and you will not even know it until you get to your destination and see them missing. I bought a wheel polishing kit from Eastwood. (They are a sponsor here on this sight.)
What other parts are you needing? Looks like a grill and window louvers unless you have them.

Aluminum Polishing Kit 13 pc set

Last edited:

Curtis

Reaction score
If you have an nos set of caps, you better secure them to the wheel some how, or you won't have them long. 40 year old plastic will not hold up. The tabs will break off while driving and you will not even know it until you get to your destination and see them missing. I bought a wheel polishing kit from Eastwood. (They are a sponsor here on this sight.)
What other parts are you needing? Looks like a grill and window louvers unless you have them.

Aluminum Polishing Kit 13 pc set

Thank you so much. This is a big help. I actually have a grill. I removed it before body prep and paint. I know how fragile the are

I need a dash pad, under dash where the fuse plate is, center console lid and front seat covers. Would prefer NOS but open to other suggestion

Back