79 Volare 2 door coupe @ police auction

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Oldest thing I found in March was a 80 something benz.
Crazy site though. They list all the rides they're gonna auction off.
Sheeeit! That's a lot of impounds.
What's up with Philly?!
:icon_eek:

lowbudget

Reaction score
Go to March 13th it's there. I ran thru Feb. and found a 76 Ford Maverick and a 68 Buick

slant6billy

Reaction score
Hey folks, I drove over to the lot at lunchtime and tried to see the car. I did not have a good shot for a camera- so sorry no pics. It has some minor damage to the front driverside fender. The Grille is a 78/79 type sprayed black. The car is back half vinyl top green on green. Small square windows. So most likely a SE model 225 with a 1 bbl. column shift. Again, I'm 20 feet on the out side looking in. The hood was tan. The car did have nice straight lines and no big rust holes- again distance was a factor. The Rules to this auction are 25 bucks for title, 30 for something else and 15 for some other bs. At minimum, the car would go for $300 plus those fees. If some wisenhimer starts to bid then it gets out of hand from there. There is also something weird with how to get the car off the lot. Something about using the PPA's approved or certified towing companies. If any of you have seen the show "Parking Wars" or "Towing Wars" - they are both based out of Phila. And to the questions above: Yes these streets are evil in Phila. They have this bs called "Live Stop" and they grab your car, truck, trailer , and yes motorcycles too. Papers Please!- Gestapo. I don't like it, but when you have insurance and you drive, you get caught and lose your ride. Plus it is not fair to the folks who play by the rules ( pay for insurance and registration). This green coupe would need a new front tire (one is flat) and 4 to 6 weeks until the title arives- yes title. She can go back out on the road. I'm going to head over on Tuesday's auction and well.... ya never know.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Good luck man.
If you get it, let us know and if you can (buy it or not)
Snap some shots and post 'em.
Happy hunting.

slant6billy

Reaction score
80? Wait, was it you who changed your front clip to a 79? Otherwise, I have an 80 volare grille. Walt's Junk yard had an 80 RT grille a year ago. I went back there in Nov and got told Nope.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
80? Wait, was it you who changed your front clip to a 79? Otherwise, I have an 80 volare grille. Walt's Junk yard had an 80 RT grille a year ago. I went back there in Nov and got told Nope.

Nope wasn't me, my 80 is still an 80 and my Super Coupe is still a 78.

You said that the grill in that car was a 78-79 style painted black. When I bought the Super Coupe off Ebag 6 years ago it had (has) a Aspen grill in it. I havent seriously looked for a Volare grill, but I do know they are far and few between. So anybody with an extra one.......................

slant6billy

Reaction score
Hell man, I'd like to get this car, just to swapped grilles with ya......

slant6billy

Reaction score
I was outbid ... it went for $850. Plus the 65 bucks in fees and 200 towing charge. I'll post my pics- not to depress anyone, but myself.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Pics of the impound sale Volare

She had a great grille- most likely a replacement due to obvious front sheet metal damage around the radiator. So body fill, but straight lines. A clean under hood cruise control car Super 6 2 bbl. New AC pump and new alt. The washer pump was filled with clean washer fluid so it looked like it worked too. It had a really decent interior - low option bench cloth......the kicker 42,000 mileson the OD. Oh well friends......

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Bummer man.
That's a drag.
Win some, lose some.
Don't worry dude. I'm sure another one will come your way.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Dang..........I was looking forward to swapping grills with ya! :icon_biggrin:

Sorry you missed out on it.

Last edited:
Back