8.25 10 bolt Imposter

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Where you at? I got an extra 8 1/4 housing and axles laying around. Its got 2.76 gears and open carrier. I took the chunk out just to see how they came apart. I put it all back in but didnt set it up.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
Where you at? I got an extra 8 1/4 housing and axles laying around. Its got 2.76 gears and open carrier. I took the chunk out just to see how they came apart. I put it all back in but didnt set it up.

Wagonmaster, I assume it would be a direct drop in? What did it come out of? It is in good shap? got any pics? I am in Indy, PM me and let me know what you gotta get for it?

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Biggest thing would be shipping. Its out of a 77 volare wagon. It was a good axle when I pulled it apart. I just got curious

Erics5th

Reaction score
Another option is to find a '70 down B body 8 3/4 rear and install it. I have a '69 B, 2.94 rear in my '84 5th Ave that my friend installed before I bought it. I believe he only had to drill out the locating holes on the spring pads to make it work.

ramenth

Reaction score
Just be careful of assuming that 5th Ave rears will work. I've had one with an 8 1/4, but most were 7 1/4's.

Back