WANTED 8.25 or 8.75 rear in nj

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2

Reaction score
Contact seller
looking for an 8.25 or 8.75 b body rear to 1970 for 8.75 rear sure grip or open, 323 or 355 gears , for an F body, close to nj or in nj, i am located in north west nj by Easton pa. reasonably priced , Thanks

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I recommend you widen your search, a bit, to:
‘65-70 B-body 8.75” or
’69-70 B-body 8.25”

No, I don’t have either (and looking for a pair, myself).

I would recommend FBBO (For B Bodies Only), for more luck.
BudW

Edit: IF you find an 8.75”, then don’t worry about the gear ratio to much – for those are easier to find and to change out.

The 8.25”, not as easy to find replacement gear ratios or to replace – but parts are out there.

mike2

Reaction score
dodge dakota out of the pick a part was easy source for sure grip 355 8.25 ,had to make sure correct year, splines are different for different years, only 60$ had to take whole rear. thanks for the tip on b bodies ,

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The ring and pinion gear set should work fine.
The carrier may need older spider gears to work for original axles.

You know what, that Dakota axle might work in an FMJ . . .

Can you measure (may need a friend to help) the distance from backing plate to backing plate.
Also distance from center of perch to center of perch.
The last item to check would be is if perches are on top or on bottom. The full size pickups have perches on top. I don’t remember about Dakota’s.

Some Dakota’s have 5 lug wheels and others 6 lug.

It is possible this differential may work, it may work with some work or might not work unless you perform a lot of work to it (I suspect the first or second option).
BudW

mike2

Reaction score
i put last diff in an a body 8.25, i'll have to check on dakota perch spacing , i know it was wrong for an a body , 5 lug dakota was the correct year , splines change i think for 6 lug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back