SOLD 8.25 Police Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmanv101

Reaction score
Do you still have the 8.25 rear end? I may be able to pick it up.
Thanks
Kevin

LSM360

Reaction score
Well it looks like I am going to pull the 2.94's out to save, and sadly have to scrap metal the rest. If you ever see me write about getting a parts car, hunt me down and shoot me.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's too bad.....if I wasn't a thousand miles away I'd come and get it.
At least you'll have something good out of it.
I thought you had someone to take it but guess not....

brotherGood

Reaction score
I know the feeling. Sad to have to pitch such good stuff, but people don't seem to be buying much anymore. At least not that I've seen. Heck, I listed a glove box with clock over on the other forum..something that was like gold when I first joined over there..and nobody has even messaged me about it. I'd hate to throw it away, but quite frankly its in my way. Although, if I were close to you, I'd have to try and work something out for that sucker. I'd sure make it a lot easier to add a SG and rebuild the suspension and swap it with an extra set of everything on the bench.

LSM360

Reaction score
I hear ya brother. It has gone down and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I tried to give away a front clip and ended up having to toss it! I'd store everything if I could but I just don't have the room. I have filled my attic, my Dad's attic, and the sides of my garage. Some duplicates and big stuff have to go. I have a set of cop seats too. Guarantee I won't be able to sell them even for $25.00. They take up a lot of room. I have the 8.25 rear, a super good poly bushing filled AHB K frame, and other stuff like that and no takers. I know shipping is a problem with the bigger stuff, but even smaller stuff that I price dirt cheap just sits. And to be honest, selling and shipping is a PITA. I think I am going to just have to store what I can and toss the other stuff w/o even listing for sale. I do make sure and check the WTB posts before though. Tossing the stuff will hurt for a day or two, but I'll eventually realize I had to do it for the room and get over it.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Dude, I'd kill for that K frame. If I was within 3 hours, I'd be there. But you're 2 days out..Lol

While we're at it, PM me what you do have. Just in case I start seeing a ton a play money all the sudden..Lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Shipping costs have gotten insane and that's a real deal killer even if it's a free deal on a big part like a rear.....I wanted to buy a washer fluid bottle from bremereric in Texas for $40.....with shipping the cheapest way it came out to over $90 IIRC so I didn't buy it.

brotherGood

Reaction score
How much of that for you though is dealing with international shipping?

Heck..If I could get that fully built AHB frame shipped for 100..I'd pull the trigger. I don't need a K frame right now, and even then I've got some closer I could get I'm sure..But it's already built..lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
How much of that for you though is dealing with international shipping?

Heck..If I could get that fully built AHB frame shipped for 100..I'd pull the trigger. I don't need a K frame right now, and even then I've got some closer I could get I'm sure..But it's already built..lol

A fair bit....
I just bought a dash cap a while back and just brokerage/border fees alone was something like $45.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's horrible to have to throw anything away, but sometimes it has to be done. Do your best to find someone who can use the "better" stuff, then do whatever you need to do. Something like that AHB k hopefully you can find someone to use something nice like that. (I'd be interested myself, but brotherGood has a real cop car, so I would concede to him in any case). FYI, the last K I had shipped to me was an a-body one, so just a little smaller, not much, and IIRC it was about $40 to ship from somewhere in the south to me, so it really wasn't all THAT bad. I believe that one was UPS.

LSM360

Reaction score
It's not just the cost of shipping for the buyer, but it's securing something like a k frame for shipping and then transporting it to a shipping place. It would have to be secured on a pallet, then put in a pickup truck, which I don't have. So some stuff would have to be a local buyer. But even the stuff small enough to ship I have no luck with. I had a GF grill with no cracks and couldn't even get $20 for it. My days as a seller are all but over.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I thought you meant just the K, not the whole front suspension. The K I bought was pretty clean, so they just attached a label to it securely and shipped it like that -- no packaging at all. Fenders I've had shipped to me just wrapped in cardboard. Not a box per-se, as when it was wrapped, it still looked like a fender. But yeah, a full K with suspension included would need to be strapped to a pallet, that's way more of a PITA than I'm willing to deal with to ship too, for sure, even though I do have a pickup.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It's not just the cost of shipping for the buyer, but it's securing something like a k frame for shipping and then transporting it to a shipping place. It would have to be secured on a pallet, then put in a pickup truck, which I don't have. So some stuff would have to be a local buyer. But even the stuff small enough to ship I have no luck with. I had a GF grill with no cracks and couldn't even get $20 for it. My days as a seller are all but over.

I'll have to give you a ring and see what you want to get rid of....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back