8 3/4 rear end help

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken, but isn't Vancouver considered to be in a "rain forest" area?
I've only been there once, as a layover - so not very sure.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Probably the rainy capital of Canada.;
Kindof like the Atlantic Coast is the; Deepest- snow, most-continuous-snow, wont-the-heck-stop-snowing snow, keeps inundating us with the most miserable wet heavy pos storm-after-storm-after storm snow, fantastical-why-us-snow? ; SnowCapital Of Canada. Did I miss a descriptor?Yeah I left it out on purpose.....:) Man, the last couple of winters those guys have suffered mountains of snow.

But it's not supposed to rain, or be cool, in Vancouver, in July. I just caught them in a bad year, so they said. Well three times in a row..... C'mon. I'm done with BC.Ain't been back since 77, 39 years so far.Not planning to ever go back!
Must be this globalwarming bs.
And no it's not just the rain that keeps me away. At 63,I'm just a home-body now; traveling no longer has any allure for me.

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
I used to live on the Queen Charlottes (Haida Gwaii), BC and it was considered a rain forest but I do believe Prince Rupert gets the most rain for the most days on average in all of Canada.

At first I hated it but then didn't bother me even hiking, fishing and camping soaked and feeling like prune most of the time lol :)

Oh and yes I was born in Manitoba (Rivers)... They call it Manisnowba lol

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Vancouver really doesn't really ever get too hot (over 30C), but do get a lot of rain and cloudy weather. Most years they don't get snow either, but they are getting hammered this year (by Vancouver standards). Of course, this is nothing like Atlantic Provinces or Montreal type snow, but really bad for them this year. Montreal gets far more snow than Winnipeg (lived there for 3 years) or Calgary (lived here for 14 years). Montreal has by far the worst winter weather, grey/overcast for much of the winter, lots and lost of snow, and more that a little freezing rain (freezing rain is far worse than snow, in terms of dangerous driving conditions), and worse than that is freezing rain making things slippery, then getting topped off with a layer of snow.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
We had a taste of snow on top of freezing rain just before Christmas. We called in storm-stayed to work, and snuggled up on the couch.
Then we had a 4-day blizzard and a week later another blizzard. I hired a big machine to dig us out,lol. I cant say there was a lot of snowfall, but there was a lot blown in. Farming out the snow-clearing just made sense cuz I'm 63 and the guy was affordable.
I've only ever lived within about an hour and a half of Winnipeg. And I certainly remember bigger storms. Most not 4 days long tho.
Sorry to get off topic,:(

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
I heard you guys got a bit of precip. out west there......lol. But it seems that in southern BC, the precip doesn't always know what it wants to be at this time of year.
When I was a kid, Dad said Vancouver was a dry place to be in July. So in 72, Dad took us there. I was 19. Alberta was BLAZING hot. Vancouver was cool as a cucumber.
I went again in 75,with a couple of hi-school friends.Cool and rainy.
In 77, I took my new wife there on a motorbike,for our honeymoon. It was cool and rainy. We woke up in the tent on the Island one morning, rolled out of bed, and SPLASH! : I guess I coulda picked a better spot to pitch the tent,eh? I was 25, and none too bright I guess. We put on our wetsuits, took the ferry back, and scooted on home; to heck with BC, and haven't been back since.
The following year, I took her to South Dakota in July. It was BLAZING hot and sunny! We were friends again.
No, the precipitation does normally know what it wants to be. RAIN not this white stuff we have had for the last 3 weeks. We all complain about the rain here for 10 months of the year but to be honest we prefer it to the snow.

Back