80 More door long roof

holmes

Reaction score
Just a few pics of my "new" 80 Volare Wagon /6 auto with 89k miles.

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

Wylde1

Reaction score
Very nice '80 wagon. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

holmes

Reaction score
Thanks Wylde, I've been looking for one for a while now. Wouldn't you know it that as soon as I find one they start coming out of the woodwork. :headbang:

DCAspen

Reaction score
Very nice 80 wagon. What size rims and tires are you running?

Last edited:

holmes

Reaction score
Love it....looks real good. Do you mind telling us the deal you made and how many miles?
A long bus ride and when I got to the bus terminal the lady that owned it was there to pick me up for a test drive. The car was filthy, the exhaust was falling apart and the carb was so messed up by her boyfriend it ran awful and she said she had to have 2500 for it. I said that I wasn't sure it would make the drive 400 miles home and didn't want to take a chance. She said what will you give me for it and I said I wasn't sure I wanted to even take the chance driving it that far. Then she said will you give me 500 for it then I said for that I'll take the chance. The dealer wanted 5800 for it 2 years ago. It's a /6 with 89,000 miles (just broken in).
The wheels are 15X7" the front tires are 215-70x15 the rears are 255-60x15.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.Steal that car you did. nice ride.

holmes

Reaction score
I wasn't too sure about the car at first but after a new exhaust system, new carb., new dist. cap, rotor, wires, thermostat, a good scrubbing and throwing on my spare ralley wheels and tires it looks a ton better than the day I got it home. Thanks for all the compliments guys. :glasses9:

DCAspen

Reaction score
Black out the grille and headlight bezels you'll change the whole look of the car.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Now I went back and saw your thread in the welcome wagon...I thought your wife hated wagons...what gives with the new one then? :protest:

holmes

Reaction score
Now I went back and saw your thread in the welcome wagon...I thought your wife hated wagons...what gives with the new one then? :protest:
I really don't know why she softened her stand on wagons but she said she likes this one and really likes the color combo....but she still wont drive it, she says its too big.(she drives a Caliber) She said she didn't like wagons because when she was growing up her parents always had wagons and from what I can get from her they were Buick Roadmasters and Ford Country Squires with wood grain. She was the only girl with 5 brothers so family vacations were not a lot of fun in their wagon.:dontknow:

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
I like wagons- heck, I like most any kind of vehicle...but the only thing I've never owned is a convertible

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I really don't know why she softened her stand on wagons but she said she likes this one and really likes the color combo....but she still wont drive it, she says its too big.(she drives a Caliber) She said she didn't like wagons because when she was growing up her parents always had wagons and from what I can get from her they were Buick Roadmasters and Ford Country Squires with wood grain. She was the only girl with 5 brothers so family vacations were not a lot of fun in their wagon.:dontknow:
Tell her you can fold down the rear seat and put a matress in it...then take her on a picnic at night time. :la:

ramenth

Reaction score

Different from my wife. She was forced to drive wagons in high school and college - the big ones like you describe - and she still like wagons.

holmes

Reaction score
Tell her you can fold down the rear seat and put a matress in it...then take her on a picnic at night time. :la:
Yea it's really different, now she wants to take the wagon to the drive in and SHE even mentioned taking it on a picnic?????? I'm sooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :icon_jook:

Darter6

Reaction score
I bought a 80 wagon at Chryslers at Carlisle a few years back for $2500. Blue/blue with 75 C - body rally wheels on it. /6 auto with 98,000 on the clock. Drove it 2700 + miles back to Nevada and loved every minute of the trip. Like every car,,, should have kept that one.

Back