83 Imperial

furyfrank

Reaction score
Have a line on a 83 Imperial but the problem is it still has the fuel injection on it which I understand could be a real problem. The body is rust free so I am wondering is it worth making a offer on it or just walk away ???:dontknow:

Eastyorker

Reaction score
What are they asking? How hard is it to put a carb on it?

efriedrich

Reaction score
If you think you can get it reasonable, you can always rip off the FI and the lean burn. I like those Imperials a lot by the way and being rust free is probably the most important factor for me when buying a car. I got intake, carb,distributor used off craigslist for a few hundred bucks.

qurtuba

Reaction score
If the FI system is working without any problems (could happen) then why rip it out?

furyfrank

Reaction score
So how hard is it to convert it to a carb system ?Found out that car has been sitting for 6 years ( not good ) It is a rust free az car so I am wondering if the cost of getting it running is more than the car is worth.

Last edited:

83Imp

Reaction score
So how hard is it to convert it to a carb system ?Found out that car has been sitting for 6 years ( not good ) It is a rust free az car so I am wondering if the cost of getting it running is more than the car is worth.

You will need an intake, carburetor, distributor (Mopar electronic or Pertronix ignition), re-routed fuel lines, remove pump from tank (or get new sending unit), mechanical fuel pump, air cleaner, rewired engine wire harness, fuel lines and filters for starts. If the interior and paint are nice, you're probably going to have a nice driver with these parts. If not, you're only four or five thousand dollars away from a 2.5-3K car.

I plan on dropping a B/RB in mine. I have all the parts but the sending unit ($60 from RockAuto) at this time. There isn't a big market for the FI parts you're going to pull... so at best it's a project hot-rod. It could be a simple as adding a grounding wire to the Automatic Shutdown Sensor (ASD) and fresh gas, but unless you methodically troubleshoot the problem (go out to the Imperialclub.com) to it's source and KNOW what you're looking at/doing... it's not worth restoring the FI.

That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

furyfrank

Reaction score
You will need an intake, carburetor, distributor (Mopar electronic or Pertronix ignition), re-routed fuel lines, remove pump from tank (or get new sending unit), mechanical fuel pump, air cleaner, rewired engine wire harness, fuel lines and filters for starts. If the interior and paint are nice, you're probably going to have a nice driver with these parts. If not, you're only four or five thousand dollars away from a 2.5-3K car.

I plan on dropping a B/RB in mine. I have all the parts but the sending unit ($60 from RockAuto) at this time. There isn't a big market for the FI parts you're going to pull... so at best it's a project hot-rod. It could be a simple as adding a grounding wire to the Automatic Shutdown Sensor (ASD) and fresh gas, but unless you methodically troubleshoot the problem (go out to the Imperialclub.com) to it's source and KNOW what you're looking at/doing... it's not worth restoring the FI.

That's my 2 cents.
So where is the ASD located ?

Mroldart2u

Reaction score

Dont know that sense we have no idea what the asking price to start with is.... Unless its dirt cheap and yer keeping it a secret...

83Imp

Reaction score
So where is the ASD located ?

Also known as the ASM... I've done my homework. :)... follow the link I provided you and you do yours. You'll know a LOT more about your potential car, and you can decide whether it's worth the asking price or not. Good hunting... and good luck.

Dago Red

Reaction score
By The Way

While he's dishing out for the Imp, maybe I can get paid for the radios I sent him a few years ago.:poke:

furyfrank

Reaction score
While he's dishing out for the Imp, maybe I can get paid for the radios I sent him a few years ago.:poke:

If I remember right I asked what you wanted and you said that maybe you might need something from me, so if I owe you let me know how much.
and I will pay you no problem. I waited for a reply from you and never got one.:poke:
If I owe I pay. There was never a firm price and I asked how much you wanted.

Last edited:

furyfrank

Reaction score
OK to get back to the car, would any of you guys be interested in it( I will solve this other issue ) It is more than I want to do. It is located in wickenburg az , about 39 miles north of phoenix. He is asking $1500.00 obo, the car might be a frank sinnarta edition( It is blue ). I can give you his phone number if you want. Like I said this other issue about the radios I will solve ( sent him a PM to resolve it )

83Imp

Reaction score
He is asking $1500.00 obo, the car might be a frank sinnarta edition( It is blue ).

It's easy to tell a factory FS car... they all had gold FS badges after the IMPERIAL markers on the fenders and trunk. There will also be a mini-center console above the trans hump to hold the 16 Sinatra cassettes. The emblems may be gone from the Arizona sun, but the console should be there.

Unless it looks like the one in these pics, I still think $1500 is too steep for a non-runner... FS or not.

Resize of 1981ImperialFS01.jpg

FS_edition_center_console_1981.jpg

furyfrank

Reaction score
It's easy to tell a factory FS car... they all had gold FS badges after the IMPERIAL markers on the fenders and trunk. There will also be a mini-center console above the trans hump to hold the 16 Sinatra cassettes. The emblems may be gone from the Arizona sun, but the console should be there.

Unless it looks like the one in these pics, I still think $1500 is too steep for a non-runner... FS or not.

So what would a good price be ?? The guy has obo depends on how bad he wants to sell it .

Last edited:

efriedrich

Reaction score
From the pictures that car is easily worth 1500. Does it turn over, any spark, need more info from the current owner. Not to be a smart ass but if your not afraid to turn some wrenches than this shouldnt be to tough. The car looks outstanding in the picks.

Last edited:

furyfrank

Reaction score
From the pictures that car is easily worth 1500. Does it turn over, any spark, need more info from the current owner. Not to be a smart ass but if your not afraid to turn some wrenches than this shouldnt be to tough. The car looks outstanding in the picks.

Those are not pictures of the car, they are want 83 Imp said it should look like.

Back