87 5th Intake

bbeep71

Reaction score
I would like to replace intake with 4 bl. carb and remove lean burn system. Looking for intake that still allows the use of A/C. Some intakes say there is interfearence with factory A/C. Car is 87 5th with 318. What manifold did you use?

Erics5th

Reaction score
I use an Edelbrock Performer and am still able to use the AC pump. I think thats about the only aftermarket manifold currently available that will let you do so because the thermostat housing is offset to the driver side and there are bosses on the manifold to allow you to use the stock brackets. I also ran an Edelbrock SP2P 4bbl manifold that let me do the same, but those are no longer available new and are hard to find used.

82Cordoba

Reaction score
I use an Edelbrock Performer and am still able to use the AC pump. I think thats about the only aftermarket manifold currently available that will let you do so because the thermostat housing is offset to the driver side and there are bosses on the manifold to allow you to use the stock brackets. I also ran an Edelbrock SP2P 4bbl manifold that let me do the same, but those are no longer available new and are hard to find used.

From what I have seen, +1

YY1

Reaction score
I think a lot of intakes were designed when the RV2 was the standard compressor.

Your can style is a bit less bulky, and placed differently.

You may want to call/email the intake mfg tech support to find out.

YY1

Reaction score
FYI, I hogged out the bolt holes on an iron mopar termostat housing to use with the chevy spaced bolt holes on my Eddy performer, and am trying the "reuseable" t-stat gasket now offered (and redily available with chevy bolt spacing).

So far no leaks.

I also used POR-15 "metal mask" paint on the housing, and it looks just like the raw iron. We'll see how that hold up as well.

Back