A/C System

Reaction score
Has anyone ever went on Summit Racing or Jegs and ordered all the individual a/c parts to put the system back together? ( I would need everything, condenser, compressor, lines, etc.) And does it all fit together like it should?

I really dont want to have to go the underdash route to put a/c back in the car, especially when all my vents and dash instruments work properly.

80mirada

Reaction score
I have replaced all of the Air Conditioning parts on my Mirada. The refrigerant lines were the hard parts to get. I still need to get a compressor

Reaction score
Did everything bolt up and fit nicely under the hood? Or did you have to make any adjustments for extra space to fit them in?

Aspen500

Reaction score
I did send them an email request, thank you!
I didn't have time earlier (lunch time was about over) to elaborate. Was in the same boat as you. Needed everything under the hood only. When I needed fittings, brackets (for a BB), and the Sanden compressor, etc... I called and the guy I talked to knew exactly what I was trying to do and exactly what pieces I needed. Got the fittings and hose (and brackets), mocked it all up and marked the indexing of the hoses on the fittings and then had a local (actually the only one left) radiator shop do the brazing of one adapter and the bubble crimping of the fittings. Everything the guy said I needed, was spot on. That said, I had the factory condenser and brackets, drier, etc already. (Thank you Jim!)

Might want to get a hold of Deconstructor Jim in Arizona. Possible he may have a factory condenser and brackets, along with some other odds and ends. He's a member here also.

Jim's Az Parts

Elwood P Dowd

Reaction score
Holy smokes I didnt know Bouchillon performance was still around. I used to stop by their shop in the 90's when I was stationed at Charleston AFB. Great group of guys, I'm glad to see they're still around.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I found everything but 1 hose. All my brakets were still there. There is a place here that can build me a hose. I'm still om the fence of rebuild compressor or just ordering one from rock auto.

Trey

Reaction score
I've had good service with Classic Auto Air. They helped with the last 3-4 conversions I've done. If you have the old piston type compressor, they have an adapter bracket that will bolt to the OEM bracket and it has ears to mount the Sanden type compressor. They can also make the hoses but if they don't have your type car in their system, you'll have to send the old hoses to be duplicated. They can also cut open the drier and replace the dessicant or they may have a new one but usually they only have new driers for the more common cars.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Honestly, for the cost of a new compressor, it's not really worth overhauling the old one (JMO)

Back