A day for hacks.

ramenth

Reaction score
Helping '81Crown's dad do the brakes on his Durango for inspection and went to get out the last caliper pin and it wouldn't budge. Had to hammer in the bit and pull hard. Yep, cross threaded. Badly. From the looks of it the last yahoo used an air wrench to get it in, figuring to let the next poor b****** work on getting it loose. Good thing they sell oversize self-threading pins...

Then I have a young couple come in with a shredded alternator belt on their 2.4L powered Stratus. Why is the belt shredded, you ask. Because whoever put the belt on, or the alternator in, didn't bother to tighten down the adjuster and the pivot bolt! The alt just flopped around in place until it tossed the belt.

Unbelievable to say the least. The caliper pins take one extra second of time to get straight. Hell, the boots keep 'em straight as you push in against the spindle!

And no excuse on not even beginning to tighten the adjuster and pivot on the alternator. I had to run to the local u-pull-it salvage yard to get another adjuster as the original broke from all the flopping around.

Sorry for the rant, folks. I run across jobs like this maybe once a month, not twice in the same day!

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Some people should not be allowed near cars.
I had two Polish neighbors come in my garage and help me remove the hood this past Saturday....one was banned for awhile...when I put a freshly painted 340 motor in a freshly painted engine compartment the rear exahust stud on the driver's side was giving me crap trying to get the header on...he told me to heat the stud up with a torch and remove it...that's why he was banned :D

old tired rebel

Reaction score
I had two Polish neighbors come in my garage and help me remove the hood this past Saturday....one was banned for awhile...when I put a freshly painted 340 motor in a freshly painted engine compartment the rear exahust stud on the driver's side was giving me crap trying to get the header on...he told me to heat the stud up with a torch and remove it...that's why he was banned :D

After all the work you put into your R/T I don't blame you.

Back