A new stable mate for the 79 Lebaron

Milezero

Reaction score
IMG_2924.jpg

Picked up an 80 Dobi last weekend for my Son. He's entering an Auto Mechanics class at the local Tech High School next year. It'll be perfect for him! 100,000 miles, 318, buckets/console car. Interior is baked from the sun, so plenty of unobtainium parts to find! Solid frame, a little rust creeping through in the usual body places, but solid and runs great!

Darter6

Reaction score
Auto Mechanics class at the local Tech High School
So many schools no longer have those classes. I think Tech schools are great for younger generations. Nothing like hands on.
To this day I remember what my instructor said. " You may not get rich in this field of work,but you will never be out of a job."
Held true for me for the last 50 years. Good luck to your son and his project.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
He will never be out of friends that need there junk worked on…

Aspen500

Reaction score
So many schools no longer have those classes. I think Tech schools are great for younger generations. Nothing like hands on.
To this day I remember what my instructor said. " You may not get rich in this field of work,but you will never be out of a job."
Held true for me for the last 50 years. Good luck to your son and his project.
True. In 38 years, I've been out of a job for 2 weeks. The Ford dealer I worked at from 1984-2007, closed suddenly and without warning in Nov '07. 2 weeks later I was hauling my tool box to an indy shop where I still work today.

That said, what cars and trucks have become in the last 20 years, and getting worse every year,,,I can't wait to retire(Hopefully fall of 2023).

Back