A non message of Hate

slant6billy

Reaction score
http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/01/tv-land-yanks-dukes-of-hazzard/

I never got a message of hate watching the Dukes of Hazard as a 9 year old kid. I just wanted to thrash on an orange charger when I got older. I settled on my burnt orange Volare' currently. Someday, I'll get General Lee Charger, it's on my bucket list. My bucket list does not seem to have a spot for hate. In the meanwhile, I've got the first 2 seasons on DVD. I'll pop it in the player to grab memories of that 9 yearold kid I once was. The kid without hate.

As an Adult, I have some hate or rather distrust of politicians. They are not what they seem. They are not there to help me, but rather trip me up. They are all self serving and pitting folks against each other.

The other hate I have is for reality TV. Mtv started it, now shows like DanceMoms, Real Housewives, the apprentice and other scripted bad stuff all exist to poison people.

It is a shame. I don't think hate will exist next week at Carlisle, where only mopars, parts and moparians will invade and gather.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's why I've chosen to live in a mental past. Yes I have to contend with now but my head is in a time where this crap didn't exist to me. I drive an old Mopar and watch old shows.

I like it here.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
With regards to the Genreal Lee, and most of the "get rid of the Confederate Flag" movement going on, it is garbage, pure and simple. The General Lee's flag wasn't there to promote hatred, it was just a way of showing where the show took place, and to add some context to the environment that the show took place in. Same as what is in old civil war move documentaries; it isn't promoting hatred, it is just being historically accurate (lthough from what I undersand, the "Confederate flag" wasn't all that common back then). Give some people an inch, and they will take a mile. I'm not a fan of the General Lee's paint scheme in general (giant 01 number on the sides, welded shut doors, full roll cage?), but it was a TV show, and it was a focal point. I know a lot of people make Chargers into General Lee clones, lots of power to them; its their car, they can do whatever they want with it.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The world as I knew it is rapidly disappearing into a novel.
That novel is 1984....ever read it? I did when I was around 20. That book scared me.....just the thought that things could go that way. It was published in 1949 and tells the story of a world of unbelievable political correctness. A world where the rules are force fed to you and if you don't comply you'll be shamed.

And here we are.
They want to rewrite Tom Sawyer and take out the "N" word even though it's a part of history. They edited the shit out of every Bugs Bunny/Warner cartoon ever made to make them politically correct. Regardless of your sexual preference or belief if you don't embrace the gay community you're a homophobe. If you don't believe the climate change agenda you are an enemy of the earth. And it goes on and on.

Now the self righteous powers that be want to forget the Confederate flag ever existed because of a bullshit notion that it stands for racism. If I could take this chihuahua dressed as a bull by the horns myself I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I can't. I've tried though. I've tried to make my voice heard more than once at city hall but the people I needed to back me were too busy watching dancing with the stars to bother showing and the other side are very organized. I didn't stand a chance in every instance. Laziness and a mindset of not getting involved have turned my country and yours into an ass waiting for it's next proverbial sodomizing. It's pathetic actually. And i give up. I give up trying to help the masses because they don't want to be helped. They're more than content sucking the government tit and doing what they're told.

So for me?
I do it my way. I'm the most politically incorrect hard assed bastard you'll ever meet and if you mess with those I care about then God help you. The masses. I couldn't care less.

These are the cards we've been dealt.

I still believe one voice can make a difference that sometimes causes a ripple effect and does something. But I tell ya....i get damn tired of being the only guy yelling.

Last edited:

Joe12459

Reaction score
You're right on the money. The funny thing is, in his day, George Orwell was considered a liberal. He was spot on with his prediction. Unfortunately, in that day, most people didn't believe this could ever become reality. I'm afraid it's too late now.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You're right on the money. The funny thing is, in his day, George Orwell was considered a liberal. He was spot on with his prediction. Unfortunately, in that day, most people didn't believe this could ever become reality. I'm afraid it's too late now.

Unfortunately I feel the same way.
This is a runaway train.
I personally think it's impossible to stop it.

slant6billy

Reaction score
OH HELL. The idea of folks flipping off the government by running bootleg whiskey. Feeding families, stimulating the local economy and the local speed shop to out run the revenue agents. Whether it was Robert Mitchum in Thunder Road or some other show of defiance involving a fast car - especially a mopar. The obnoxiousness of the bright orange moonshine running charger was a last dash hope of freedom from a political empire. Ripping that Charger down the open road with the law in "HOT PURSUIT". That is FREEDOM baby. So not a symbol of hate at all, but of FREEDOM. Get away from that which sucks the life out of you all week. The Job, the daily driver (Honda), the bullshit. I know I'm talking a lot of hype, but the real irony has been pointed out by an old girlfriend of mine from the south. The Politicians on the Dukes of Hazard were the ones up to no good. Taking peoples farms, locking people up, running scams and just plain making life difficult for the common folks on the show. I am not a political party type. I think both major parties in the US suck. Lobbyist, Lawyers, political types..... absolutely useless. I don't like bringing in political crap to this post. There is more hate being spewed from mainstream media- msn, cnn, fox news and others. IF anything, ban those hate mongers. Stirring the hate up hour after hour. I'd rather watch PBS news and Lawrence Welk- or even BBC America. What is next? Ban Def Leppard's Drummer's shorts ( They are Union Jacks-not the same as the General Lee's roof). The poor guy only has one arm and still has to drum to pay the bills...... now he has to worry about his nuts getting caught in his kick drum..... ouch!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's probably why they finally killed it off.
Don't wanna be giving the conditioned docile folks any ideas now.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Ever see Demolition Man?????

Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,both amazing and scary how the sci-fi authors/writers predict the future with uncanny accuracy. All the "Dr. Cocteau's" of this world need to be put in their place just like Edgar Friendly did. Be well..............

What about things like the Borg collective on Star Trek or Cybermen on Dr. Who..............All the same, all conform, all controlled from a central point. You will be assimilated. Yeah, over my dead body.

Not to get political but I keep getting a feeling a huge revolt is brewing and not sure if it's going to be pretty. People can only be pushed and controlled so far and it's almost to the breaking point (at least in this country).

Back