A real cars in barn story

BHA43

Reaction score
I did this about 6 years ago. In the 70's a guy with a big car collection working to do a museum deal had some cars that were too good to just leave lay around in the weeds. He had an empty farm with a barn so he cleaned out the hay mow, (upper floor) cut a hole in the wall, laid some 40' I-beams down & using a tractor with a rope & pulley system to drag them up then sealed the barn back up. I own a salvage yard & towing co. & when the old guy passed & the family sold the farm they got a hold of me to help get them out.

This is the first daylight they had seen in 30 years. There were 13 total

Sep3003.jpg

Sep3013.jpg

Sep3012.jpg

First we screwed 3/4 plywood down to the weak barn floor, then rented a scissor lift flatbed truck & mounted an electric winch. I took an air compressor & most of the tires took air! We used floor jacks & Go-Jacks but most of them rolled free as it was dry up there & the brakes were not locked up. Once on ground level we transferred them to one of my roll backs & then to the ground! I was supposed to get my choice of 2. I chose the Dodge coupe & the Chrysler Convert. I ended up buying most of them! Sad to say I was going thru a Divorce & the time & they got tangled in the web & are all gone now. But she had them valued so high that after the D was over I was able to buy some of the better cars from another building that didn't require near as much work!

Sep3025.jpg

Sep3031.jpg

Sep3037.jpg

Sep3045.jpg

Back