Aftermarket intake keep A/C ?

84Furyus

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place for this but here goes.

Has anybody modified/made brackets to maintain the A/C with an aftermarket intake manifold?

I didn't realize that 99% of the aftermarket intakes have the thermostat housing centered and also don't have the hole for the rear ac bracket.

I already have my air-gap intake (got a great deal on it) and that was when I realized that the a/c wont just bolt up; it looks like I could likely modify the front bracket to shift the compressor toward the passenger side valve cover and likely get just enough room and maybe make a bracket to go from the back of the compressor to an intake bolt.

Any input/experience with this would be great, I need to keep A/C for health reasons.

Aspen500

Reaction score

84Furyus

Reaction score
You may want to call Bouchillon Performance. They have brackets for all sorts of configurations. Give them a call and they'll know what you need, and if they have brackets like that. Great people to talk to at that place!
Products: AirCon Compressor Brackets - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

After hours of searching I did find 1 thing where somebody ran into the same thing and was able to rotate the compressor and offset it to the right with little modifications to the brackets and used a 90° tstat housing to make it work. I'll be trying this out myself in the near future most likely.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's always a way!
Back in the '80's, a buddy of mine put a shaker hood on his '70 340 'Cuda that had A/C, and he even used the original RV2 compressor. It looked totally stock (other than the slight notch in the shaker base) and made us wonder why the factory never offered the A/C and Shaker options together.

84Furyus

Reaction score
There's always a way!
Back in the '80's, a buddy of mine put a shaker hood on his '70 340 'Cuda that had A/C, and he even used the original RV2 compressor. It looked totally stock (other than the slight notch in the shaker base) and made us wonder why the factory never offered the A/C and Shaker options together.
That's cool. Those older compressors were smaller tho so would be easier

Back